Posted on August 9, 2022
Entering Year Five with a new contract off his first winning season in Los Angeles, Chip Kelly and the UCLA Bruins have something they haven’t yet had: expectations.
Their over/under win total is set at 8.5 wins, meaning the betting markets have a favorable view of the Bruins this year.
Another favorable aspect for UCLA is its schedule, which features relatively weak non-conference opponents and a conference slate that could allow them to surpass their 8 total wins from last year.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I preview the 2022 UCLA Football schedule.
Aside from Oregon, UCLA’s four total road games in 2022 don’t feature the toughest imaginable lineup of opponents, giving them opportunities to rack up wins in front of their home fans.
Could one of the Arizona schools really upset the Bruins this year? I think it just might happen.
When it’s all said and done, UCLA could be set up for their best season since 2014 when they went 10-3 winning the Alamo Bowl.
A 10-win season is certainly in the cards given the way their schedule shapes up, and anything less than another 8-win season would be quite the disappointment.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: What Oregon State Must Do to Upset Utah
- McLaughlin: Why the UW-UCLA Clash Means More to Bruins
- McLaughlin: What does Stanford bring to Autzen this Season?
- McLaughlin: Transfer Portal Impacting 2022 Pac-12 Season
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Winners and Losers in Week 4
- McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?
- McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSU
- McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 Headlines
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Looks Strong Through 3 Weeks
- McLaughlin: CFB Coaches Arizona State Should be Targeting
- McLaughlin: Winners and Losers from a Big Pac-12 Weekend
- McLaughlin: Important Week 3 Factors for USC, UW and Cal
- McLaughlin: Arizona, ASU & WSU Should be on High Alert
- McLaughlin: Huskies Have Biggest Opportunity in Week 3
- McLaughlin: Can Lincoln Riley keep the Trojans Rolling?
- McLaughlin: USC and WSU Win the Pac-12 Football Weekend
- McLaughlin: Biggest Week 2 Questions for Pac-12 Big Games
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Might be in for a Rough Week 2
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Winners and Losers from Week 1
- McLaughlin: Are the Pac-12’s CFB Playoff Hopes Gone?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Brand takes a Major Hit
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 could Strengthen its Brand with Big Wins
- McLaughlin: Is Colorado Being Undervalued this Season?
- McLaughlin: What ASU and CU Could Show in Their Openers
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Coaches Who May Not Survive 2022
- McLaughlin: The 5 Most Important Pac-12 QBs for 2022
- McLaughlin: Preseason Pac-12 Football Recruiting Update
- McLaughlin: What Penix Brings to Huskies as Starting QB
- McLaughlin: Wins Hard to Find on 2022 Cal Schedule
- McLaughlin: Why Cardinal will Bounce Back in 2022
McLaughlin: What Oregon State Must Do to Upset UtahSpencer is joined by senior writer/editor Carter Bahnsof BeaverBlitz.com to talk about the game - September 30, 2022
McLaughlin: Why the UW-UCLA Clash Means More to BruinsSpencer is joined by 'Locked On Bruins' host Zach Anderson-Yoxsimer to discuss the game - September 29, 2022
McLaughlin: What does Stanford bring to Autzen this Season?Spencer takes a look at the Cardinal, who have caused the Ducks to stumble many times - September 28, 2022