Posted on May 30, 2022
No. 2 seed Oregon State and No. 3 seed UCLA played a double-header on Saturday that time and again boggled the mind as to how such things could be taking place.
Once the dust had settled, the teams spent over 12 hours at the ballpark on Saturday, and today I recap one of the craziest days in recent memory in the Pac-12.
On this episode of Locked On Pac-12, Spencer McLaughlin continues the ongoing coach evaluations for conference football coaches.
Today’s episode features a breakdown of the 11-year tenure of David Shaw at Stanford, one that started with a prolonged run of success—the likes of which Stanford had not seen in quite some time.
More recently the Cardinal have struggled on the gridiron, making his overall evaluation rather difficult.
Despite being one of the premier academic institutions in the country, Stanford has been a perennial top-30 caliber recruiting power nationally under David Shaw.
Along with that have come some spectacular examples of player development that has seen a consistent line of Cardinal players go on to the NFL.
His overall grade as a football coach is one that would drop significantly if 2022 were to see Stanford go under .500 as they have done in each of the last 2 full seasons.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022
- McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022
- McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for Huskies
- McLaughlin: Will Buffs be Worst Pac-12 Team in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Why Utah Football will be Over 8.5 wins in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can UCLA football reach 10 wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Predicting every game on USC’s 2022 Schedule
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Teams with the Biggest QB Questions
- McLaughlin: The Complications of Pac-12 Realignment
- McLaughlin: Will Major Pac-12 Football Commits Flip?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Title Contenders in 2022
- McLaughlin: George Kliavkoff is Not Backing Down
- McLaughlin: The Latest Conference Realignment Speculation
- McLaughlin: USC, UW Football Hot on Recruiting Trail
- McLaughlin: Lincoln Riley’s Expectations at USC in Year One
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Head Coaches Feeling Pressure
- McLaughlin: Will Pushback on UCLA’s Move Matter?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 has one option left to make a big splash
- McLaughlin: What does Breakdown of Big 12 Talks Signal?
- McLaughlin: Is Conference Realignment affecting Recruiting?
- McLaughlin: What comes Next for the Pac-12 Conference?
- McLaughlin: Reactions to Dante Moore Committing to Ducks
- McLaughlin: What is the Pac-12 Conference’s next move?
- McLaughlin: Is the Big 12 a realistic landing spot for Oregon?
- McLaughlin: Which Schools Could the Pac-12 Add?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in West
- McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?
- McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Whittingham’s Deal a Good Sign for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Which Pac-12 School has Highest NIL Potential?
McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Arizona game on its 2022 schedule - August 16, 2022
McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Washington State game on its 2022 schedule - August 15, 2022
McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for HuskiesSpencer predicts the outcome of every Washington game on its 2022 schedule - August 13, 2022