Posted on May 30, 2022
No. 2 seed Oregon State and No. 3 seed UCLA played a double-header on Saturday that time and again boggled the mind as to how such things could be taking place.
Once the dust had settled, the teams spent over 12 hours at the ballpark on Saturday, and today I recap one of the craziest days in recent memory in the Pac-12.
On this episode of Locked On Pac-12, Spencer McLaughlin continues the ongoing coach evaluations for conference football coaches.
Today’s episode features a breakdown of the 11-year tenure of David Shaw at Stanford, one that started with a prolonged run of success—the likes of which Stanford had not seen in quite some time.
More recently the Cardinal have struggled on the gridiron, making his overall evaluation rather difficult.
Despite being one of the premier academic institutions in the country, Stanford has been a perennial top-30 caliber recruiting power nationally under David Shaw.
Along with that have come some spectacular examples of player development that has seen a consistent line of Cardinal players go on to the NFL.
His overall grade as a football coach is one that would drop significantly if 2022 were to see Stanford go under .500 as they have done in each of the last 2 full seasons.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
🎧Apple Podcast: https://rb.gy/pznife
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Smalls_55
Follow the show on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LO_Pac12
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?
- McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSU
- McLaughlin: LBs, CBs Key to Oregon Football’s 2023 Success
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep UW—and It Won’t be Easy
- McLaughlin: Delay in Pac-12 Media Deal a Big Concern?
- McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George Kliavkoff
- McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media Deal
- McLaughlin: Signs Pac-12 Media Deal may be Coming Soon
- McLaughlin: Best Indication Yet that Pac-12 is Unified?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Only Have 1 Streaming Partner
- McLaughlin: Does New President Change Oregon’s Future?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Allowing Media to Shape Narrative
- McLaughlin: No Deadline for Pac-12 Media Rights Deal?
McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?Spencer discusses the expansion candidate that has fallen behind San Diego State - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?Spencer looks at why there could be a financial upside to having Apple as a media partner - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSUSpencer looks at the latest news—which is still lacking—on the media rights front - March 27, 2023