Posted on November 4, 2022
Another domino in the conference realignment/negotiations has fallen with the Big 12 having announced their new media rights deal and how much the conference will be able to pay to each member school annually.
The Pac-12 has been relatively quiet over the last couple of months as Commissioner George Kliavkoff ponders the conference’s next moves, so what does the Big 12 announcement mean for the Pac-12’s future?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by former sports talk radio host and Stanford graduate Dev Bhargava.
We discuss how the Pac-12’s media rights future may be impacted by the Big 12’s deal and what the Pac-12 might be able to garner in the future.
Plus, we look at how potential expansion could help George Kliavkoff get more money for each of his league’s member schools.
Perhaps the biggest question is how involved a streaming company like Amazon or Apple TV+ may be in getting the rights to broadcast Pac-12 Football and Basketball games in the future.
Is that an option that would ultimately help the conference and convince the current 10 teams that are still committed to the league to stay in the Pac-12?
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
🎧Apple Podcast: https://rb.gy/pznife
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Smalls_55
Follow the show on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LO_Pac12
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep UW—and It Won’t be Easy
- McLaughlin: Delay in Pac-12 Media Deal a Big Concern?
- McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George Kliavkoff
- McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media Deal
- McLaughlin: Signs Pac-12 Media Deal may be Coming Soon
- McLaughlin: Best Indication Yet that Pac-12 is Unified?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Only Have 1 Streaming Partner
- McLaughlin: Does New President Change Oregon’s Future?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Allowing Media to Shape Narrative
- McLaughlin: No Deadline for Pac-12 Media Rights Deal?
- McLaughlin: Pros and Cons of Oregon Joining the Big Ten
- McLaughlin: What Lack of Media Deal Means for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Rating New Oregon Assistants as Recruiters
- McLaughlin: Former Coaches Concerned about Pac-12
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep UW—and It Won’t be EasySpencer is joined by Roman Tomashoff of Inside the Huskies to talk about that and other issues - March 24, 2023
McLaughlin: Delay in Pac-12 Media Deal a Big Concern?Spencer reacts to the recent meeting of the Pac-12 CEOs, who reportedly got a "positive update" - March 23, 2023
McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George KliavkoffSpencer is joined by 'Locked On Big 12' host Josh Neighbors to talk about the two conferences - March 22, 2023