By Shehan Jeyarajah, CBS Sports: TCU shocked the world and pushed its way from failing to earn a bowl bid in 2021 to the College Football Playoff National Championship in the span of just one season under first-year coach Sonny Dykes. Can anyone replicate that sort of feat in the 2023 season?
Well, today we’re going to take a deeper look into the group of dark horse candidates who have a chance to crash the party in the final year of the four-team CFP format.
Read the full story…
College Football Playoff dark horse contenders: Wisconsin, Auburn among teams to watch in 2023 season
Several teams will be vying to follow in TCU's footsteps as an unlikely playoff contender this college football season
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Harmon: Why is Colorado hot potato in Pac-12/Big 12 rumors lately?
- After getting two recruits in 16 hours, Lincoln Riley poised for a big June
- Tristan da Silva sets high goals days after announcing return to Colorado
- Why Dawson Baker is eager to be a ‘pioneer’ as BYU hoops enters the Big 12
- Wilner: Washington on Peacock (and what it means), NBA Draft, legal affairs
- Oregon sweeps Nashville Regional, heads to first Super Regional since 2012
- Report: Wichita State hires WSU’s Brian Green as its new head baseball coach
- Stanford softball beats Washington to reach WCWS semifinal vs. Oklahoma
- 247Sports: Oregon State receiver among week’s headline 2024 Power 5 commits
- Huskies host Southland Conference Freshman of the Year on basketball visit
- Quick look at Oregon’s remaining 2023 signees arriving in June
- Former Oregon linebacker Harrison Taggart transferring to BYU
- ESPN story suggests Justin Wilcox’s job status at Cal is shaky
- Wilner Mailbag: Pac-12 survival, CU’s role, UW conspiracy theory, and more
- Neel: 2 offensive players from each Pac-12 team that will break out in 2023
Latest posts by News Feed (see all)