By Brandon Marcello, 247Sports: Expansion of the College Football seems to be a foregone conclusion, but the reality is the business of the sport is much more complicated than simply voting on a proposal.
One of the biggest hurdles the CFP faces as it continues its three-month feasibility study on whether to expand from four to 12 teams is the bowl system itself. How will it incorporate bowl games — and which games — and where will the six bowl games involved in the current rotation of semifinal games fit into the puzzle?
Read the full story…
The Rose Bowl, however, continues to be a mystery as many bowl games try to position themselves to be part of the expanded College Football Playoff.
—More from News Feed—
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten
- The case for why Louisville’s Tyler Shough could be 2024’s Michael Penix Jr.
- CFP Board of Managers unanimously approves 5+7 qualifier format
- Washington locks in official visits with handful of coveted prospects
- WSU’s Jones & Rice sweep weekly Pac-12 hoops awards for historic 2nd time
- Stanford lands commitment from 3-star 2025 OL Josh Williams
- Colorado football assistant coaches to make record amount in 2024
- Former Husky co-DC William Inge latest Alabama defection, lands with Vols
- 247Sports: Five college football transfer portal results to monitor in 2024
- Mel Kiper releases updated Top 10 quarterback rankings for 2024 NFL Draft
- Tommy Lloyd gets extension with Arizona men’s basketball thru 2028-29
- 10 daring CFB predictions from 247Sports: USC to lose 4 games in 2024
- Pac-12 appoints Teresa Gould as commissioner to lead future of conference
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024 - February 20, 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue - February 20, 2024
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten - February 20, 2024