By Jamey Vinnick, Cougfan.com: There was some hope with Washington State making the NIT, point guard Myles Rice might be able to make his long-awaited crimson debut on Tuesday. Rice, who redshirted last year, has missed all of this season while undergoing treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He completed his cancer treatments this past Thursday.
The Pac-12 Network’s Ashely Adamson reported this past Thursday had WSU beaten Oregon, Rice was not only going to fly out to Las Vegas to join the Cougs and would have also played in what would have been WSU’s third conference tourney game. But Kyle Smith on Monday said Rice will not make his debut until next year.
Read the full story…
'Mo's been having some issues with his hamstrings. But that would be the only concern. But he wants to play ... but he really cares about his teammate so he'll go. AD is closer to 100 (percent) with his hand. But other than that, we're in pretty good health. Obviously, Mo's a pretty important piece.'
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Canzano: ‘Big 12 Mexico’ makes a lot more sense than ‘Pac-12 China’
- BYU’s Kalani Sitake turns to recruiting class of 2024 after plumbing portal
- NCAA made ‘big mistake’ not setting NIL compensation framework
- Heisman Trophy contenders: The Pac-12’s Top 5 candidates in 2023
- USC-Michigan, other Big Ten matchups leak ahead of 2024 CFB schedule release
- Who will start at cornerback for Boise State football in 2023?
- Next Big 12 Expansion Team Odds: Colorado, Arizona, Memphis the favorites
- Pac-12 presidents ‘solely focused’ on TV deal expected ‘soon’
- SJSU football, men’s basketball and baseball made history in 2022-23
- WSU’s Andrew Edson and his never-ending quest for more speed
- 247Sports: Predicting Big Ten football 2024 schedule; permanent rivals
- Linebacker Eric Gentry returns to USC workouts following ankle surgery
- Oregon sells out Super Regional; awaiting approval for additional seating
- Arizona’s Jordan Geist wins NCAA championship in shot put
- Utes get commitment from Snow College tight end Dallen Bentley