By Jamey Vinnick, CougFan: Watching tape gave Jeff Schmedding an idea of Quinn Roff‘s capabilities, but not until he saw him up close on the football field did the new Washington State defensive coordinator come to fully appreciate what Roff brings to the table.
Through five days of spring football, Schmedding named the 6-2, 241-pound EDGE from San Marcos, Calif., as his biggest surprise.
Read the full story…
'It's not a complete surprise because I saw the amount of snaps he had and the production he had when we were watching film. But to see it up front and in person, he's a guy that has a high motor. And he's an overachiever and overachievers are welcome, so I've loved watching him work.'
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- SDSU’s Passing Tournaments can lead to a scholarship, just ask Rahim Wright
- SoCal DB Travis Anderson talks Boise State offer, Fresno State interest
- Pac-12 TV deal talks: An important step comes today in WSU Regents meeting
- Stanford football set for another big weekend of official visits
- Braden Huff, the next Gonzaga redshirt ready to make a jump
- UCLA football will rely on multiple newcomers to drive offense in 2023
- Canzano: Give Pat Kilkenny best seat in house with Ducks two wins from CWS
- Big 12 officials reportedly visit Memphis as expansion talks heat up…again
- Big Ten COO talks fitting UCLA and USC into Big Ten scheduling
- Weber: Big Ten gets it completely right with its first move for USC
- Stanford receives crystal prediction for four-star Mater Dei QB Elijah Brown
- Big Ten built flexibility into new scheduling model
- 247Sports Q&A with Deion Sanders: Re-landing Travis Hunter, Pat Narduzzi
- NCAA tweaks rules on block/charge calls in men’s basketball
- In 3 seasons, UW has brought in nearly a full lineup through portal