By Greg Witter, CougFan: Washington State athletic director Pat Chun says the five-year agreement he reached with Washington athletic director Troy Dannen to continue the Apple Cup football rivalry through 2028 was driven by two factors: feedback from Washington State student-athletes that they want to play at the highest levels in one of the nation’s great rivalries, and the desire to build an attractive schedule that adds up financially.
The rivalry’s future was thrown into uncertainty last August with Washington’s announcement it was leaving for the Big Ten Conference starting in 2024.
Read the full story…
WSU athletes across sports said 'they want to compete at the highest levels and the rivalry matters'
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Kalen DeBoer explains why Washington didn’t hold a watch party for CFP reveal
- Florida Gov. sets aside $1M in state budget for fight against CFP committee
- Canzano: Oregon-Oregon State ‘Civil War’ is on for 2024 and beyond
- Wyoming DC Jay Sawvel named head coach of Cowboy football
- Travis Hunter wins Paul Hornung Award as nation’s most versatile player
- Bo Nix wins the 2023 Campbell Trophy for nations’ best scholar-athlete
- Craig Bohl announces his retirement as head coach of Wyoming football
- Oklahoma transfer QB Dillon Gabriel visiting Oregon this week
- ASU assistants Samples, Carrington sign contract extensions through 2025
- Utah pursuing Washington State WR Josh Kelly in transfer portal
- Colorado legend Darian Hagan leaving Buffs to coach at San Diego State
- Sporting News: Projected landing spots for Cam Ward, Dillon Gabriel and more
- Social media slams Jedd Fisch’s Pac-12 Football Coach of the Year award snub
- USC hoops freshman Bronny James could play Sunday, per report
- 2023 CBS Sports college football All-America team
- Kalen DeBoer explains why Washington didn’t hold a watch party for CFP reveal - December 6, 2023
- Florida Gov. sets aside $1M in state budget for fight against CFP committee - December 6, 2023
- Canzano: Oregon-Oregon State ‘Civil War’ is on for 2024 and beyond - December 6, 2023