By Brandon Judd, Deseret News: Even though BYU is leaving independence behind with its move to the Big 12 Conference, its first bowl destination in a Power Five league could harken back to the Cougars’ independence days in football.
Action Network’s Brett McMurphy reported that the Independence Bowl will become a Big 12 contracted bowl this season, giving the conference seven guaranteed bowl spots for the upcoming year when the Power Five conference adds BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and UCF.
Read the full story…
The Independence Bowl will reportedly be a bowl tie-in for the Big 12 during the 2023 season, with a Pac-12 team as the opponent.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- SDSU’s Passing Tournaments can lead to a scholarship, just ask Rahim Wright
- SoCal DB Travis Anderson talks Boise State offer, Fresno State interest
- Pac-12 TV deal talks: An important step comes today in WSU Regents meeting
- Stanford football set for another big weekend of official visits
- Braden Huff, the next Gonzaga redshirt ready to make a jump
- UCLA football will rely on multiple newcomers to drive offense in 2023
- Canzano: Give Pat Kilkenny best seat in house with Ducks two wins from CWS
- Big 12 officials reportedly visit Memphis as expansion talks heat up…again
- Big Ten COO talks fitting UCLA and USC into Big Ten scheduling
- Weber: Big Ten gets it completely right with its first move for USC
- Stanford receives crystal prediction for four-star Mater Dei QB Elijah Brown
- Big Ten built flexibility into new scheduling model
- 247Sports Q&A with Deion Sanders: Re-landing Travis Hunter, Pat Narduzzi
- NCAA tweaks rules on block/charge calls in men’s basketball
- In 3 seasons, UW has brought in nearly a full lineup through portal