By Pete Thamel, Yahoo Sports: Every year for nearly a decade, Arizona State president Michael Crow made a habit of calling all the head coaches and their specific athletic department bosses together for a meeting. Some years it was held in ASU’s massive football team room.
Crow delivered some version of the same theme in his address: If you want to guarantee ending your employment here, break the rules.
Will ASU football take advantage of a talented roster and win the Pac-12 this season? Or will it get caught from behind by the NCAA and add a 10th major violation to a total that already leads major conference schools?
—More from News Feed—
- Mick Cronin: Won’t talk to his family, will ‘hate himself’ after loss to USC
- Stanford basketball star Spencer Jones makes program history
- Pressure continues to build for Stanford to fire Jerod Haase
- Andy Enfield ties Bob Boyd for 3rd place among USC’s winningest hoops coaches
- Eight notable prospects who’ve planned spring visits to Colorado
- 247Sports: Oregon WR Evan Stewart a dark-horse Heisman candidate for 2024
- Patterson: Why CFP needs modified system to evaluate contenders
- Eric Bieniemy as UCLA OC draws mixed reactions on social media
- Report: UCLA finalizing two-year deal to hire Eric Bieniemy as OC
- ‘I feel like Jekyll & Hyde’: Hurley struggling to manage ASU’s unreliability
- Caleb Love reaches 2,000 career points as Arizona gets bounceback win over UW
- Duke star Kyle Filipowski injured as Wake Forest fans storm court after upset
- Trojan DC D’Anton Lynn admits USC used portal ‘more than we wanted to’
- Pair of 5-star football players schedule visits to Eugene for this spring
- WSU to hire former Austin Peay asst Jared Kaster as new offensive line coach
- Mick Cronin: Won’t talk to his family, will ‘hate himself’ after loss to USC - February 25, 2024
- Stanford basketball star Spencer Jones makes program history - February 25, 2024
- Pressure continues to build for Stanford to fire Jerod Haase - February 25, 2024