By Charles Power, On3 Sports: The Monday before week one of the college football season is better known as “Depth Chart Day.” This is a weird, quasi-holiday among college football media and diehards. It’s when most college programs release a depth chart.
Naturally, this event creates plenty of content and chatter. It cuts through “talking season” and gives us some hard insight into what we could see in Week One.
Read the full story…
Monday marked 'Depth Chart Day' in college football, with programs releasing their initial two-deeps. We break down some of the storylines.
—More from News Feed—
- Nevada fires head football coach Ken Wilson after two seasons
- Oregon State, Washington State to face MWC teams in 2024 scheduling deal
- LSU puts up Daniels billboard in Vegas as Heisman race with Nix tightens
- Oregon Title IX lawsuit puts NIL collectives in crosshairs
- Washington State QB Cameron Ward expected to enter transfer portal
- Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford ‘stepping away’ due to health concerns
- USC AD suggests Trojans’ DC is coaching in a conference title game
- Arizona men’s basketball ready to tackle tough December after long layoff
- Wilner vision of Pac-12 for 2033: Conference has reformed with old guard
- Colorado AD Rick George excited about future under Deion Sanders
- Report: Oregon, Florida State emerge as early contenders for DJ Uiagalelei
- Oregon State RB Damien Martinez won’t play in bowl game after DUII arrest
- Oregon State’s Damien Martinez arrested on suspicion of DUII
- USC’s Bronny James cleared for full return to basketball
- Baylor hiring Cal’s Jake Spavital as new offensive coordinator
- Nevada fires head football coach Ken Wilson after two seasons - December 1, 2023
- Oregon State, Washington State to face MWC teams in 2024 scheduling deal - December 1, 2023
- LSU puts up Daniels billboard in Vegas as Heisman race with Nix tightens - December 1, 2023