Posted on August 3, 2022
USC Football has one of the top recruiting classes in the country for the 2023 cycle, headlined by a pair of 5-stars: QB Malachi Nelson and WR Zach Branch, two of the best players in their class at their respective positions.
Nelson came over with Riley as a high school recruit whom USC’s head coach had recruited when he was the HC at Oklahoma. Now, other schools with legitimate recruiting prowess nationally are coming after the Trojans’ top two verbal commitments for 2023.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by John Garcia Jr., director of recruiting for Sports Illustrated.
USC isn’t alone on this front, Oregon 5-star WR verbal commit Jurrion Dickey is also receiving a high level of interest from other schools across the country.
Will west coast teams once again be beaten out for blue chip prospects?
We also talk about several players across the Pac-12 who have made verbal commitments and who do not, at this point in time, have active interest to the extent that it could flip their decisions.
USC, in need of a defensive rebuild, landed 4-star S/LB Tackett Curtiss. Stanford might have their next great TE in Walker Lyons.
John provides insight and analysis on both players, as well as a breakdown of Washington Football’s 2023 3-star QB Lincoln Kienholz—the first signal caller to commit to Kalen DeBoer.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?
- McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022
- McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022
- McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for Huskies
- McLaughlin: Will Buffs be Worst Pac-12 Team in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Why Utah Football will be Over 8.5 wins in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can UCLA football reach 10 wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Predicting every game on USC’s 2022 Schedule
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Teams with the Biggest QB Questions
- McLaughlin: The Complications of Pac-12 Realignment
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Title Contenders in 2022
- McLaughlin: George Kliavkoff is Not Backing Down
- McLaughlin: The Latest Conference Realignment Speculation
- McLaughlin: USC, UW Football Hot on Recruiting Trail
- McLaughlin: Lincoln Riley’s Expectations at USC in Year One
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Head Coaches Feeling Pressure
- McLaughlin: Will Pushback on UCLA’s Move Matter?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 has one option left to make a big splash
- McLaughlin: What does Breakdown of Big 12 Talks Signal?
- McLaughlin: Is Conference Realignment affecting Recruiting?
- McLaughlin: What comes Next for the Pac-12 Conference?
- McLaughlin: Reactions to Dante Moore Committing to Ducks
- McLaughlin: What is the Pac-12 Conference’s next move?
- McLaughlin: Is the Big 12 a realistic landing spot for Oregon?
- McLaughlin: Which Schools Could the Pac-12 Add?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in West
- McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?
- McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Whittingham’s Deal a Good Sign for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Which Pac-12 School has Highest NIL Potential?
McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?Spencer predicts the outcome of every Arizona State game on its 2022 schedule - August 17, 2022
McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Arizona game on its 2022 schedule - August 16, 2022
McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Washington State game on its 2022 schedule - August 15, 2022