Posted on August 23, 2022
Stanford Football has been, surprisingly, trending down under head coach David Shaw for the last couple of (full) seasons in the Pac-12.
After being a model of consistency for about a decade, the Cardinal now find themselves attempting to rebuild themselves back into a winner in the Conference of Champions.
Plus, David Shaw may be coaching in 2022 to keep himself off the hot seat or worse if Stanford finds themselves well under .500 once again.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I go through the 2022 schedule for the Stanford Cardinal.
After an easy opening game, conference play begins in Week 2 when the Cardinal welcome USC to Palo Alto.
Although that’s not likely to be a win, having a quality opponent at home is a fortunate theme for the Cardinal in 2022 that should allow them to regain their footing and be, at least, a .500 football team.
The Cardinal’s other home games include Washington State, Arizona State, Oregon State, and BYU.
Any one of those opponents would be tough games for Stanford to win this year if they were played on the road, but playing them inside Stanford Stadium is a big advantage for David Shaw’s team.
Between Notre Dame and BYU, the Cardinal have a tough slate of non-conference opponents–a win against one of them is not likely, while the other could be one of their best wins of the year.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: What Oregon State Must Do to Upset Utah
- McLaughlin: Why the UW-UCLA Clash Means More to Bruins
- McLaughlin: What does Stanford bring to Autzen this Season?
- McLaughlin: Transfer Portal Impacting 2022 Pac-12 Season
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Winners and Losers in Week 4
- McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?
- McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSU
- McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 Headlines
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Looks Strong Through 3 Weeks
- McLaughlin: CFB Coaches Arizona State Should be Targeting
- McLaughlin: Winners and Losers from a Big Pac-12 Weekend
- McLaughlin: Important Week 3 Factors for USC, UW and Cal
- McLaughlin: Arizona, ASU & WSU Should be on High Alert
- McLaughlin: Huskies Have Biggest Opportunity in Week 3
- McLaughlin: Can Lincoln Riley keep the Trojans Rolling?
- McLaughlin: USC and WSU Win the Pac-12 Football Weekend
- McLaughlin: Biggest Week 2 Questions for Pac-12 Big Games
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Might be in for a Rough Week 2
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Winners and Losers from Week 1
- McLaughlin: Are the Pac-12’s CFB Playoff Hopes Gone?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Brand takes a Major Hit
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 could Strengthen its Brand with Big Wins
- McLaughlin: Is Colorado Being Undervalued this Season?
- McLaughlin: What ASU and CU Could Show in Their Openers
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Coaches Who May Not Survive 2022
- McLaughlin: The 5 Most Important Pac-12 QBs for 2022
- McLaughlin: Preseason Pac-12 Football Recruiting Update
- McLaughlin: What Penix Brings to Huskies as Starting QB
- McLaughlin: Wins Hard to Find on 2022 Cal Schedule
- McLaughlin: Oregon State Football Underrated in 2022
McLaughlin: What Oregon State Must Do to Upset UtahSpencer is joined by senior writer/editor Carter Bahnsof BeaverBlitz.com to talk about the game - September 30, 2022
McLaughlin: Why the UW-UCLA Clash Means More to BruinsSpencer is joined by 'Locked On Bruins' host Zach Anderson-Yoxsimer to discuss the game - September 29, 2022
McLaughlin: What does Stanford bring to Autzen this Season?Spencer takes a look at the Cardinal, who have caused the Ducks to stumble many times - September 28, 2022