Posted on June 14, 2022
Athlon Sports recently released their 2022 preseason list of Pac-12 First-Team names, and there are plenty of names that are not surprising, such as USC newcomers Caleb Williams (QB) and Jordan Addison (WR).
One name in particular, however—WR Jacob Cowing—is dependent upon a struggling program in Arizona putting more pieces together this year than they did in the inaugural campaign of HC Jedd Fisch.
On this episode of Locked On Pac-12, I look at some of the biggest names who could influence the conference championship this year.
Utah has two preseason All-Conference team tight ends including first-teamer Brant Kuithe, and while talented, it might be slightly disrespecting Oregon State’s Luke Musgrave.
Though not historically on brand, as part of the relative overhaul the Cougars are undergoing, Washington State finds itself with a defensive player on the list.
And next up on the Pac-12 football coaching evaluations is the final head coach to have actually coached a game in the conference—even if he hasn’t gone through a full season.
Washington State’s Jake Dickert, after deeming himself the “interviewing” head coach last season after the dismissal of Nick Rolovich, earned the full-time job.
Despite the small sample size, Dickert is doing a lot of things right up in Pullman so far, and Cougar fans should feel encouraged.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
🎧Apple Podcast: https://rb.gy/pznife
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Smalls_55
Follow the show on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LO_Pac12
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?
- McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSU
- McLaughlin: LBs, CBs Key to Oregon Football’s 2023 Success
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep UW—and It Won’t be Easy
- McLaughlin: Delay in Pac-12 Media Deal a Big Concern?
- McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George Kliavkoff
- McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media Deal
- McLaughlin: Signs Pac-12 Media Deal may be Coming Soon
- McLaughlin: Best Indication Yet that Pac-12 is Unified?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Only Have 1 Streaming Partner
- McLaughlin: Does New President Change Oregon’s Future?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Allowing Media to Shape Narrative
- McLaughlin: No Deadline for Pac-12 Media Rights Deal?
McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?Spencer discusses the expansion candidate that has fallen behind San Diego State - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?Spencer looks at why there could be a financial upside to having Apple as a media partner - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSUSpencer looks at the latest news—which is still lacking—on the media rights front - March 27, 2023