Posted on October 26, 2022
After six straight wins in which the offense has scored at least 40 points in every game, suddenly the Oregon Ducks are back where they started this season: very much alive for a College Football Playoff spot.
Their path may not entirely be within their control, but getting help in this situation in college football has a long history of coming to pass.
On today’s episode of Locked On Ducks, I discuss the path that Oregon needs—beyond winning out—to make the College Football Playoff.
With the SEC having 3 teams in the mix, the Big Ten having two, and the Big 12 having two (lest we forget Clemson), it’s a crowded field vying for those 4 coveted playoff spots.
But Oregon’s chances are not zero.
One listener wants to know if this feels like a new era of College Football for the Ducks with this new coaching staff who are impressing more and more each week.
How much of their success this season can be attributed to the new staff compared to what the previous staff did with a similar roster in 2021?
Plus, I look at whether it’s too early to start talking about reworking the contract for OC Kenny Dillingham.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Oregon Season Disappointing but Successful
- McLaughlin: What Should Trent Bray’s Priorities Be at OSU?
- McLaughlin: Breaking Down Oregon State’s Trent Bray Hire
- McLaughlin: Washington-Oregon Winner a Lock for Playoff?
- McLaughlin: Beavers Must Move Quickly to Find New Coach
- McLaughlin: Final Pac-12 Regular-Season Games Upon Us
- McLaughlin: Smith and Fisch Targets for Coveted HC Jobs
- McLaughlin: Ducks Appear Ready for Beavers and Beyond
- McLaughlin: Huskies Show They’re Playoff-Worthy Yet Again
- McLaughlin: Future of Pac-2 Appears Murky Once Again
- McLaughlin: Do Beavers or Huskies Have More to Lose?
- McLaughlin: Futures of Beavs and Cougs Hanging in Balance
- McLaughlin: College GameDay Passing on OSU-UW Absurd
- McLaughlin: ESPN College GameDay to Corvallis Next Week?
- McLaughlin: Would a Win Over Utes Land UW in CFP Top 4?
McLaughlin: Oregon Season Disappointing but SuccessfulSpencer looks at the big picture for the Ducks after loss to UW and unlucky bowl draw - December 4, 2023
McLaughlin: What Should Trent Bray’s Priorities Be at OSU?Spencer also takes one final look at the College Football Playoff landscape before the title game - November 30, 2023
McLaughlin: Breaking Down Oregon State’s Trent Bray HireSpencer is joined by Carter Bahns of BeaverBlitz.com and 247Sports to talk about OSU's new HC - November 29, 2023