Posted on December 9, 2022
Deion ‘Coach Prime’ Sanders has already made a big splash at Colorado with his Moxy and the looming potential of turning around the Buffs after a 1-11 season.
He won a lot of games at Jackson State as its head coach, but his biggest impact in the short term on other Pac-12 programs could come on the trail (or the portal).
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, Spencer McLaughlin is joined by recruiting insider John Garcia to talk about Coach Prime’s impact on the recruiting trail.
Could he be enough of a presence at Colorado to pull away high-level recruits from traditional recruiting powers like USC, Oregon, and Washington?
Don’t underestimate the power of Prime.
On another note, Washington QB Michael Penix Jr., the nation’s leading passer, announced he is going to return to the Huskies in 2023 citing “unfinished business.”
What does that mean for Sam Huard, who will once again be poised to sit on the bench as a former 5-star recruit?
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Should Pac-12 Expand with Two Teams or Four?
- McLaughlin: Deion Sanders Helping the Pac-12 Compete
- McLaughlin: Is the Pac-12 Meeting Recruiting Expectations?
- McLaughlin: ASU, CU among Pac-12 Winners on Signing Day
- McLaughlin: Why 5-star Nyckoles Harbor a Priority for Ducks
- McLaughlin: The Case for the Pac-12 Staying at 10 Teams
- McLaughlin: Analyzing OSU’s Favorable 2023 Football Slate
- McLaughlin: Deion Sanders Set to Make Signing Day Splash?
- McLaughlin: Analyzing Utah’s Tough 2023 Football Schedule
- McLaughlin: The Case for Air Force Joining the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: The Case for Boise State Joining the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: What Co-DC Chris Hampton Brings to Ducks
- McLaughlin: Fresno State’s Case for Joining the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Is Oregon Adding Enough Defensive Talent?
- McLaughlin: Coach Prime Not Reason for Axed Week 0 Game
- McLaughlin: ‘Outside the Box’ Pac-12 Expansion Options
- McLaughlin: CU Recruiting Heading into Feb Signing Day
- McLaughlin: UW, OSU Deserve Top Pac-12 Grades in 2022
- McLaughlin: What Cam Rising Brings Back to Utah & Pac-12
- McLaughlin: The Argument for Adding UNLV to the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Potential Amazon-Pac-12 Partnership Problems
- McLaughlin: Does USC Need a New Defensive Coordinator?
- McLaughlin: Has Cam Rising Played His Last Game for Utah?
- McLaughlin: Tracking Dan Lanning’s Vision for Oregon
- McLaughlin Mailbag: DJ Uiagalelei, UW’s ASU Loss & More
- McLaughlin: How the Utes Can Win Their First Rose Bowl
- McLaughlin: Why Bruins Need to Beat Pitt in Sun Bowl
- McLaughlin: Keys for Huskies to Beat Texas in Alamo Bowl
- McLaughlin: What QB DJ Uiagalelei means for Oregon State
- McLaughlin: NIL Helping Make Pac-12 More Competitive
McLaughlin: Should Pac-12 Expand with Two Teams or Four?Spencer discusses the merits of each possibility and looks at the top expansion candidates - February 7, 2023
McLaughlin: Deion Sanders Helping the Pac-12 CompeteSpencer also makes the case for Nevada joining the Conference as an expansion candidate - February 6, 2023
McLaughlin: Is the Pac-12 Meeting Recruiting Expectations?Spencer is joined by 'Locked On Utes' host JT Wistrcill to discuss how each program fared - February 3, 2023