Posted on November 10, 2022
The Pac-12 has three teams in the latest CFP rankings that fall inside the top 12: No. 6 Oregon, No. 8 USC, and No. 12 UCLA.
The Trojans have been impressive at 8-1 and have the league’s best or second-best loss (at Utah by just a single point), along with UCLA’s loss to Oregon.
But the Trojans are getting too much respect based on their resume by being put four slots ahead of UCLA, which is just one spot above a two-loss Utah team that they handled at home.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by ‘Locked On Utes’ host JT Wistrcill to look at the fallout from the latest College Football Playoff rankings for the Pac-12.
Which of the three teams with just one loss is looking like the most serious contender for a top 4 final ranking and a slot in the CFP?
JT also shares insight on the Utes who continue to (quietly) play good football and keep themselves in the Pac-12 Championship picture.
Can Kyle Whittingham and the Utes still repeat as Pac-12 champions in 2022?
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
🎧Apple Podcast: https://rb.gy/pznife
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Smalls_55
Follow the show on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LO_Pac12
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?
- McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSU
- McLaughlin: LBs, CBs Key to Oregon Football’s 2023 Success
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep UW—and It Won’t be Easy
- McLaughlin: Delay in Pac-12 Media Deal a Big Concern?
- McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George Kliavkoff
- McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media Deal
- McLaughlin: Signs Pac-12 Media Deal may be Coming Soon
- McLaughlin: Best Indication Yet that Pac-12 is Unified?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Only Have 1 Streaming Partner
- McLaughlin: Does New President Change Oregon’s Future?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Allowing Media to Shape Narrative
- McLaughlin: No Deadline for Pac-12 Media Rights Deal?
McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?Spencer discusses the expansion candidate that has fallen behind San Diego State - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?Spencer looks at why there could be a financial upside to having Apple as a media partner - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSUSpencer looks at the latest news—which is still lacking—on the media rights front - March 27, 2023