Posted on July 6, 2022
The rumors, speculation, and conversations about another potentially earth-shattering change in the college football landscape often have Oregon at the center of them.
Speculation quickly emerged about the Big Ten after USC and UCLA announced they would be heading there, leaving the Pac-12 ahead of the 2024 athletics season.
Is the Big 12 a more viable future home for Oregon athletics? On today’s episode of Locked On Ducks, I look at a potential conference realignment for Oregon.
One listener sends in a question about what a hybrid conference might look like between the Pac-12 and the Big 12.
The depth and caliber of teams could certainly be viable, but it’s more likely that schools leave for the Big 12 en mass rather than having Big 12 schools join the Pac-12.
With a new future conference imminent, what are the positives and negatives of Oregon Football (and other sports) no longer being a part of the Pac-12 conference?
With so much unknown and the demise of the Pac-12 seemingly imminent, it can be hard to keep in perspective the positives that could come from this whole situation.
The prospect of having more high-level regular-season games in the conference slate is just one thing that could be an upgrade.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
🎧Apple Podcast: https://rb.gy/pznife
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Smalls_55
Follow the show on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LO_Pac12
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?
- McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSU
- McLaughlin: LBs, CBs Key to Oregon Football’s 2023 Success
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep UW—and It Won’t be Easy
- McLaughlin: Delay in Pac-12 Media Deal a Big Concern?
- McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George Kliavkoff
- McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media Deal
- McLaughlin: Signs Pac-12 Media Deal may be Coming Soon
- McLaughlin: Best Indication Yet that Pac-12 is Unified?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Only Have 1 Streaming Partner
- McLaughlin: Does New President Change Oregon’s Future?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Allowing Media to Shape Narrative
- McLaughlin: No Deadline for Pac-12 Media Rights Deal?
McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?Spencer discusses the expansion candidate that has fallen behind San Diego State - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?Spencer looks at why there could be a financial upside to having Apple as a media partner - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSUSpencer looks at the latest news—which is still lacking—on the media rights front - March 27, 2023