Posted on September 1, 2022
Colorado enters the 2022 season with a tough non-conference schedule for Karl Dorrell as he embarks on Year 3 in Boulder.
Beginning with a game against TCU Folsom Field, the Buffs find themselves as major underdogs heading into their 2022 home opener.
Is TCU being overvalued as a double-digit road favorite against Colorado?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by Steve James, the newest host of Locked On Buffs!
With a starting QB not yet announced (publicly), Steve shares why he thinks 2021 starter Brendon Lewis is probably going to be the choice for Karl Dorrell and new OC Mike Sanford.
If Lewis struggles, could he be on a short leash leading to a change to JT Shrout? Regardless of who starts, the Buffs will need solid QB play to beat TCU in Week 1.
Colorado had a bevy of losses via the transfer portal this past offseason at positions including RB, WR, and CB.
Steve shares insights as to who is in line to replace players like CB Christian Gonzales, WR Brenden Rice, and RB Jarrek Broussard.
He also mentions other transfers/newcomers who might play a key role for the Buffs this year, and which Pac-12 game he is most excited to see this weekend.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?
- McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSU
- McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 Headlines
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Looks Strong Through 3 Weeks
- McLaughlin: CFB Coaches Arizona State Should be Targeting
- McLaughlin: Winners and Losers from a Big Pac-12 Weekend
- McLaughlin: Important Week 3 Factors for USC, UW and Cal
- McLaughlin: Arizona, ASU & WSU Should be on High Alert
- McLaughlin: Huskies Have Biggest Opportunity in Week 3
- McLaughlin: Can Lincoln Riley keep the Trojans Rolling?
- McLaughlin: USC and WSU Win the Pac-12 Football Weekend
- McLaughlin: Biggest Week 2 Questions for Pac-12 Big Games
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Might be in for a Rough Week 2
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Winners and Losers from Week 1
- McLaughlin: Are the Pac-12’s CFB Playoff Hopes Gone?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Brand takes a Major Hit
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 could Strengthen its Brand with Big Wins
- McLaughlin: What ASU and CU Could Show in Their Openers
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Coaches Who May Not Survive 2022
- McLaughlin: The 5 Most Important Pac-12 QBs for 2022
- McLaughlin: Preseason Pac-12 Football Recruiting Update
- McLaughlin: What Penix Brings to Huskies as Starting QB
- McLaughlin: Wins Hard to Find on 2022 Cal Schedule
- McLaughlin: Why Cardinal will Bounce Back in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon State Football Underrated in 2022
- McLaughlin: How Ducks can flip script and beat Utah in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon Football Poised for Success in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?
- McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022
- McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022
McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?Spencer is joined by senior BeaverBlitz.com writer/editor Carter Bahns to talk about the game - September 23, 2022
McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSUSpencer looks at some of the players who are poised to stand out this weekend vs Wazzu - September 22, 2022
McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 HeadlinesSpencer is joined by Zach Anderson-Yoxsimer of Locked On UCLA Bruins to talk about situation - September 22, 2022