Posted on December 15, 2022
The Pac-12 media deal is expected to be announced in the early portion of 2023.
It’s widely expected that the Conference will announce an expansion school, to potentially try and sweeten the deal once it’s done.
But how many teams, if any, should they be looking to add?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I examine the biggest news stories around the conference with its future still somewhat in flux.
Washington lost its 2023 QB commit when Lincoln Kienholz flipped to Ohio State, and in turn, they offered a current Washington State QB commit.
Losing Kienholz is not the news Husky fans were hoping for, but it’s not all bad news on the quarterback front.
The transfer portal is rather busy, and Florida in particular has had a mass exodus of players leave their program–some of which would certainly be desirable for Pac-12 schools.
I go through the biggest names available and discuss whether or not they could wind up in the Pac-12.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Should Pac-12 Expand with Two Teams or Four?
- McLaughlin: Deion Sanders Helping the Pac-12 Compete
- McLaughlin: Is the Pac-12 Meeting Recruiting Expectations?
- McLaughlin: ASU, CU among Pac-12 Winners on Signing Day
- McLaughlin: Why 5-star Nyckoles Harbor a Priority for Ducks
- McLaughlin: The Case for the Pac-12 Staying at 10 Teams
- McLaughlin: Analyzing OSU’s Favorable 2023 Football Slate
- McLaughlin: Deion Sanders Set to Make Signing Day Splash?
- McLaughlin: Analyzing Utah’s Tough 2023 Football Schedule
- McLaughlin: The Case for Air Force Joining the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: The Case for Boise State Joining the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: What Co-DC Chris Hampton Brings to Ducks
- McLaughlin: Fresno State’s Case for Joining the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Is Oregon Adding Enough Defensive Talent?
- McLaughlin: Coach Prime Not Reason for Axed Week 0 Game
- McLaughlin: ‘Outside the Box’ Pac-12 Expansion Options
- McLaughlin: CU Recruiting Heading into Feb Signing Day
- McLaughlin: UW, OSU Deserve Top Pac-12 Grades in 2022
- McLaughlin: What Cam Rising Brings Back to Utah & Pac-12
- McLaughlin: The Argument for Adding UNLV to the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Potential Amazon-Pac-12 Partnership Problems
- McLaughlin: Does USC Need a New Defensive Coordinator?
- McLaughlin: Has Cam Rising Played His Last Game for Utah?
- McLaughlin: Tracking Dan Lanning’s Vision for Oregon
- McLaughlin Mailbag: DJ Uiagalelei, UW’s ASU Loss & More
- McLaughlin: How the Utes Can Win Their First Rose Bowl
- McLaughlin: Why Bruins Need to Beat Pitt in Sun Bowl
- McLaughlin: Keys for Huskies to Beat Texas in Alamo Bowl
- McLaughlin: What QB DJ Uiagalelei means for Oregon State
- McLaughlin: NIL Helping Make Pac-12 More Competitive
McLaughlin: Should Pac-12 Expand with Two Teams or Four?Spencer discusses the merits of each possibility and looks at the top expansion candidates - February 7, 2023
McLaughlin: Deion Sanders Helping the Pac-12 CompeteSpencer also makes the case for Nevada joining the Conference as an expansion candidate - February 6, 2023
McLaughlin: Is the Pac-12 Meeting Recruiting Expectations?Spencer is joined by 'Locked On Utes' host JT Wistrcill to discuss how each program fared - February 3, 2023