Posted on November 15, 2022
Arizona and Washington played spoiler for two teams who had the potential to break the Pac-12’s drought of appearing in the College Football Playoff (2016-17 Washington).
USC is now the league’s only hope this year with still just one loss on the resume, but there’s upside going forward for the league as well.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I look at the biggest storylines surrounding the conference’s wild football slate from the weekend.
The playoff hopes might be on life support for the Pac-12, but there’s a real upside to one outcome in particular on Saturday for the conference going forward—especially with media rights negotiations hanging in the balance.
The Pac-12 should have half of its teams ranked when the new CFP rankings are released on Tuesday evening, with only USC likely to be in the top 10.
Do the Trojans have a realistic path to the playoff this year?
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Is Kenny Dillingham the Right Hire for ASU?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football at Its Best in Nearly a Decade
- McLaughlin: How the Ducks Fell Apart against Oregon State
- McLaughlin: Rivalry Week Delivered Season-Altering Thrills
- McLaughlin: Ducks Collapsed but Sky Not Falling in Eugene
- McLaughlin: Biggest Questions in Every Game on Saturday
- McLaughlin: Friday Night in Pac-12 the Best Part of CFB
- McLaughlin: USC in Playoff Good for Future of Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: The Challenge OSU Football Presents to Oregon
- McLaughlin: Examining USC Football’s Path to the Playoff
- McLaughlin: Big Week in Pac-12 Football Doesn’t Disappoint
- McLaughlin: Bo Nix Shines in Oregon’s Gritty Win over Utah
- McLaughlin: Biggest Question for Pac-12 Teams in Week 12
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Still Disrespected in CFP Rankings
- McLaughlin and Analyst Yogi Roth on State of Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Oregon Still Pac-12 Championship-Caliber Team
- McLaughlin: Washington, Arizona Upsets Stir Pac-12 Race
- McLaughlin: Oregon’s One Clear Culprit in Loss to Huskies
- McLaughlin: How Washington can beat the Ducks in Autzen
- McLaughlin: How Ducks can Beat UW by Double Digits
- McLaughlin: Is USC Overrated in the Latest CFP Rankings?
- McLaughlin: Duck Recruiting, Dante Moore, Surprise Visitor
- McLaughlin: Could the Pac-12 Place 2 Teams in NY6 bowls?
- McLaughlin: Oregon-UW Rivalry Preview with Rob Moseley
- McLaughlin: Dan Lanning’s comments and CFP Outlook
- McLaughlin: Some Teams Shined & Some Shrank in Week 10
- McLaughlin: Ducks Show Growth vs. CU, Can Still Improve
- McLaughlin: Big 12 Media Rights Deal Good for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Can Colorado Present a Challenge for Oregon?
- McLaughlin: Does UW or OSU have More on Line on Friday?
McLaughlin: Is Kenny Dillingham the Right Hire for ASU?Spencer talks with 'Locked On Sun Devils' host Richie Bradshaw about why so many are excited - November 30, 2022
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football at Its Best in Nearly a DecadeSpencer is joined by a Carter Bahns, senior writer/editor at BeaverBlitz.com, to discuss why - November 29, 2022
McLaughlin: How the Ducks Fell Apart against Oregon StateSpencer goes through how it all came crashing down after Oregon built a 21-point lead late - November 29, 2022