Posted on October 19, 2022
For the second straight year, College GameDay will be on the west coast for Oregon and UCLA—this time a Top 10 matchup with Pac-12 Championship and potentially College Football Playoff ramifications.
Other teams that seem to be flying under the radar, like Oregon State and Washington who are both 5-2, but could in their own ways influence the 2022 Pac-12 champion.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I look at some of the biggest storylines at this point in the heart of the conference schedule.
With wild scenarios potentially abundant as discussed on yesterday’s show, one correction to a potential tiebreaker situation needs to be issued.
The competitive and wild nature of the Conference has served as a reminder to some that come 2024, USC and UCLA (who have been in the thick of the Pac-12 drama this year) only have two years left in the league.
Is there anything at this point that could see the LA schools stay in the conference?
Probably not, and there’s almost certainly nothing commissioner George Kliavkoff could do about it.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: What Should Trent Bray’s Priorities Be at OSU?
- McLaughlin: Breaking Down Oregon State’s Trent Bray Hire
- McLaughlin: Washington-Oregon Winner a Lock for Playoff?
- McLaughlin: Beavers Must Move Quickly to Find New Coach
- McLaughlin: Final Pac-12 Regular-Season Games Upon Us
- McLaughlin: Smith and Fisch Targets for Coveted HC Jobs
- McLaughlin: Ducks Appear Ready for Beavers and Beyond
- McLaughlin: Huskies Show They’re Playoff-Worthy Yet Again
- McLaughlin: Future of Pac-2 Appears Murky Once Again
- McLaughlin: Do Beavers or Huskies Have More to Lose?
- McLaughlin: Futures of Beavs and Cougs Hanging in Balance
- McLaughlin: College GameDay Passing on OSU-UW Absurd
- McLaughlin: ESPN College GameDay to Corvallis Next Week?
- McLaughlin: Would a Win Over Utes Land UW in CFP Top 4?
- McLaughlin: Why Huskies Should be Ranked in CFB Top 4
McLaughlin: What Should Trent Bray’s Priorities Be at OSU?Spencer also takes one final look at the College Football Playoff landscape before the title game - November 30, 2023
McLaughlin: Breaking Down Oregon State’s Trent Bray HireSpencer is joined by Carter Bahns of BeaverBlitz.com and 247Sports to talk about OSU's new HC - November 29, 2023
McLaughlin: Washington-Oregon Winner a Lock for Playoff?Spencer also also talks about the Conference coaching carousel and what might come next - November 28, 2023