Posted on October 5, 2022
USC is currently the highest-ranked team in the conference at No. 6 nationally in the AP polls, with UCLA—the other LA school bound for the Big Ten in 2024—off to a 5-0 start and also ranked inside the top 20 nationally with a showdown looming with No. 11 Utah.
Two of the four teams currently inside the Top 25, both of which appear to be Conference contenders, have just two seasons left in the Pac-12. Is it actually a bad look for the conference that the Trojans and Bruins are having success?
How else could the league’s perception be harmed depending on who emerges as the 2022 champion?
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I look at some of the biggest headlines around the Pac-12 following Week 5’s games and the most recent coaching vacancy at Colorado.
A list of potential coaching candidates have been swirling around and some could be good hires for the Buffs, while other names being tied to the job should not be in the minds of Colorado’s administration for their next football coach.
Oregon State and Washington currently have something in common: They are coming off disappointing road performances against Top 15 teams in Utah and UCLA, respectively.
The time to hit the panic button is NOT right now, but one of those teams should have a higher level of concern going into Week 3 of conference play than the other. Both are away from home for the second consecutive week.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Oregon and Ohio State Unmatched in Big Ten?
- McLaughlin: Would Big Ten or SEC be Better Fit for FSU?
- McLaughlin: Pac-2 Choosing Between CFP Money & Rebuild?
- McLaughlin: Florida State a Step Closer to Leaving ACC?
- McLaughlin: What the New ‘Pac-12’ Commissioner Must Do
- McLaughlin: 9-Game SEC Schedule Would be Good for CFB
- McLaughlin: Will UO’s Highest-Rated Recruits Play in 2024?
- McLaughlin: Some New CFB Playoff Details Still Unknown
- McLaughlin: Utah Set to Benefit Most from Realignment?
- McLaughlin: Kalen DeBoer’s Big OC Problem at Alabama
- McLaughlin: Reaction to Chip Kelly Leaving UCLA for tOSU
- McLaughlin: Should Pac-12 have taken the Apple TV Deal?
- McLaughlin: How Might Player Unions Change CFB?
- McLaughlin: Why is WSU President Delaying CFP Changes?
- McLaughlin: Will NCAA Lawsuits Trigger More Realignment?
McLaughlin: Oregon and Ohio State Unmatched in Big Ten?Spencer is joined by 'Locked On Buckeyes' host Jay Stephens to discuss the challengers - February 23, 2024
McLaughlin: Would Big Ten or SEC be Better Fit for FSU?Spencer also talks about the good moves Lincoln Riley has made at USC in the offseason - February 22, 2024
McLaughlin: Pac-2 Choosing Between CFP Money & Rebuild?Spencer is also joined by Steven Willis of 'Locked On Ole Miss' to talk about the Rebels - February 21, 2024