Posted on September 20, 2022
With Herm Edwards’ departure from Tempe, the Sun Devils now embark on finding their next head football coach.
An answer is unlikely to arrive before the season ends, but the ASU administration should have several names in their sights—some of whom might not be taking a phone call until the 2022-23 football season is done.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by ‘Locked On Sun Devils’ host Richie Bradshaw.
Matt Rhule would be a home run hire for the Sun Devils if he were to be relieved of his coaching duties with the Panthers, but that’s no guarantee.
Matt Campbell at Iowa State is another name that will continue to pop up in the coming months, but who else should be on the radar for the Sun Devils?
Karl Dorrell may have had some leeway to have a less than stellar 2022 season, but through three weeks it has been disastrous for the Buffaloes featuring three blowout losses.
Dorrell may not even have to win to keep his job after this season, but Colorado’s level of play still needs to elevate, or else he could create the next coaching vacancy in the Pac-12.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Transfer Portal Impacting 2022 Pac-12 Season
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Winners and Losers in Week 4
- McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?
- McLaughlin: Oregon RBs, Potential Breakout Players at WSU
- McLaughlin: UCLA’s ‘Slow’ Start, Biggest Week 4 Headlines
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Looks Strong Through 3 Weeks
- McLaughlin: Winners and Losers from a Big Pac-12 Weekend
- McLaughlin: Important Week 3 Factors for USC, UW and Cal
- McLaughlin: Arizona, ASU & WSU Should be on High Alert
- McLaughlin: Huskies Have Biggest Opportunity in Week 3
- McLaughlin: Can Lincoln Riley keep the Trojans Rolling?
- McLaughlin: USC and WSU Win the Pac-12 Football Weekend
- McLaughlin: Biggest Week 2 Questions for Pac-12 Big Games
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Might be in for a Rough Week 2
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Winners and Losers from Week 1
- McLaughlin: Are the Pac-12’s CFB Playoff Hopes Gone?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Brand takes a Major Hit
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 could Strengthen its Brand with Big Wins
- McLaughlin: Is Colorado Being Undervalued this Season?
- McLaughlin: What ASU and CU Could Show in Their Openers
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Coaches Who May Not Survive 2022
- McLaughlin: The 5 Most Important Pac-12 QBs for 2022
- McLaughlin: Preseason Pac-12 Football Recruiting Update
- McLaughlin: What Penix Brings to Huskies as Starting QB
- McLaughlin: Wins Hard to Find on 2022 Cal Schedule
- McLaughlin: Why Cardinal will Bounce Back in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon State Football Underrated in 2022
- McLaughlin: How Ducks can flip script and beat Utah in 2022
- McLaughlin: Oregon Football Poised for Success in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?
McLaughlin: Transfer Portal Impacting 2022 Pac-12 SeasonSpencer sheds light on why it is not all bad news for Conference teams that lost over the weekend - September 27, 2022
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Winners and Losers in Week 4Spencer reacts to last week's first full slate of conference games in the Pac-12 - September 26, 2022
McLaughlin: Is USC on Upset Alert against Oregon State?Spencer is joined by senior BeaverBlitz.com writer/editor Carter Bahns to talk about the game - September 23, 2022