Posted on November 21, 2022
Going into Saturday’s game, it did not seem like QB Bo Nix would play for the Ducks after getting injured last week late in the loss against Washington.
Not only did he play, tho clearly hobbled, but his all-out effort also helped spur the Ducks to a critical and gutsy 20-17 win against a team that beat them twice last year by a combined score of 76-17.
On today’s episode of Locked On Ducks, I go through the biggest takeaways and contributing factors in a thrilling win at Autzen Stadium.
Nix’s heroics were other-worldly, but this was by far the best defensive performance the Ducks have had all season. And that is significant coming off of their worst outing of the year on that side of the ball.
Oregon made one of the most head-scratching play calls at the beginning of the third quarter trying to utilize backup QB Ty Thompson in a gadget/trick play.
It didn’t end up costing the Ducks the victory, but it’s the latest example of the growing pains that come with a young coaching staff.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Keeping it Close a Challenge for Buffs vs. USC
- McLaughlin: OSU vs. Utah has Pac-12 Title Implications
- McLaughlin: OSU’s Goals Remain Intact with Win over Utah
- McLaughlin: Is Washington the Nation’s Best Team?
- McLaughlin: WSU Deserves More Respect as True Contender
- McLaughlin: Keys to Week 4 Pac-12 Football Games
- McLaughlin: Can Conference Relegation Save the Pac-2?
- McLaughlin: Utah Needs Cam Rising to Return to Win Pac-12
- McLaughlin: OSU vs. WSU Set to Make a Point on Saturday
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Moods, Week 3 Winners and Losers
- McLaughlin: Week 3 Shows CFB has Scheduling Problem
- McLaughlin: What Do We Know About These 2023 Beavers?
- McLaughlin: Is Colorado a Serious Pac-12 Title Contender?
- McLaughlin: OSU and WSU Seek to Control their Futures
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Showing Why Demise is Totally Insane
McLaughlin: Keeping it Close a Challenge for Buffs vs. USCSpencer gets us ready for the Week 5 slate of Pac-12 games beginning tonight with Utah at OSU - September 29, 2023
McLaughlin: OSU vs. Utah has Pac-12 Title ImplicationsSpencer is joined by 'Locked On Utes' host JT Wistrcill to discuss Utah's Pac-12 title game path - September 28, 2023
McLaughlin: OSU’s Goals Remain Intact with Win over UtahSpencer is joined by Carter Bahns of BeaverBlitz.com and 247Sports to talk about it - September 27, 2023