Posted on June 6, 2022
Utah and Oregon’s SEC matchups with Florida and Georgia, respectively, are the conference’s biggest games that will likely catch the most eyeballs in the non-conference schedule.
But beyond those two Week 1 games, there’s a bevy of opportunities for Pac-12 teams to pick up high-quality wins before entering the conference slate.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I go beyond the Week 1 schedule of non-Pac 12 games to highlight more notable out-of-conference matchups.
Among today’s featured matchups are Washington State @ Wisconsin, Arizona State @ Oklahoma State and Arizona playing host to former WSU coach Mike Leach and Mississippi State.
People shouldn’t sleep on Oregon State’s non-conference opponents just because they don’t feature a Power-5 opponent—they have the potential to make an early-season statement if they can beat both Boise St and Fresno State.
Also on today’s show, I provide my latest coaching grade/evaluation of the Pac-12 football coaches featuring Arizona’s Jedd Fisch. Despite a 1-11 record in his first season as the Wildcats’ head coach, Fisch has done some things right and has a higher grade than one might expect after nearly going winless in his first campaign.
The recruiting has so far been his strongest area, while his game management/scheme has certainly been his weakest, even after one year in which he took over a program that had lost 12 straight games. Meanwhile, his staff hires have been somewhere in the middle of those two categories, and they have plenty to prove in 2022.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
🎧Apple Podcast: https://rb.gy/pznife
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Smalls_55
Follow the show on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LO_Pac12
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?
- McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSU
- McLaughlin: LBs, CBs Key to Oregon Football’s 2023 Success
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep UW—and It Won’t be Easy
- McLaughlin: Delay in Pac-12 Media Deal a Big Concern?
- McLaughlin: Pressure Ramping up on George Kliavkoff
- McLaughlin: ASU Better Suited for Pac-12 or Big 12?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Aim for 5 or 6-Year Media Deal
- McLaughlin: Signs Pac-12 Media Deal may be Coming Soon
- McLaughlin: Best Indication Yet that Pac-12 is Unified?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Should Only Have 1 Streaming Partner
- McLaughlin: Does New President Change Oregon’s Future?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Allowing Media to Shape Narrative
- McLaughlin: No Deadline for Pac-12 Media Rights Deal?
McLaughlin: Would SMU Add Enough Value to the Pac-12?Spencer discusses the expansion candidate that has fallen behind San Diego State - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Future Dependent on Good Media Deal?Spencer looks at why there could be a financial upside to having Apple as a media partner - March 28, 2023
McLaughlin: Now a Great Time for Pac-12 to Add SDSUSpencer looks at the latest news—which is still lacking—on the media rights front - March 27, 2023