Posted on June 6, 2022
Utah and Oregon’s SEC matchups with Florida and Georgia, respectively, are the conference’s biggest games that will likely catch the most eyeballs in the non-conference schedule.
But beyond those two Week 1 games, there’s a bevy of opportunities for Pac-12 teams to pick up high-quality wins before entering the conference slate.
On today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I go beyond the Week 1 schedule of non-Pac 12 games to highlight more notable out-of-conference matchups.
Among today’s featured matchups are Washington State @ Wisconsin, Arizona State @ Oklahoma State and Arizona playing host to former WSU coach Mike Leach and Mississippi State.
People shouldn’t sleep on Oregon State’s non-conference opponents just because they don’t feature a Power-5 opponent—they have the potential to make an early-season statement if they can beat both Boise St and Fresno State.
Also on today’s show, I provide my latest coaching grade/evaluation of the Pac-12 football coaches featuring Arizona’s Jedd Fisch. Despite a 1-11 record in his first season as the Wildcats’ head coach, Fisch has done some things right and has a higher grade than one might expect after nearly going winless in his first campaign.
The recruiting has so far been his strongest area, while his game management/scheme has certainly been his weakest, even after one year in which he took over a program that had lost 12 straight games. Meanwhile, his staff hires have been somewhere in the middle of those two categories, and they have plenty to prove in 2022.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022
- McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022
- McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for Huskies
- McLaughlin: Will Buffs be Worst Pac-12 Team in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Why Utah Football will be Over 8.5 wins in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can UCLA football reach 10 wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Predicting every game on USC’s 2022 Schedule
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Teams with the Biggest QB Questions
- McLaughlin: The Complications of Pac-12 Realignment
- McLaughlin: Will Major Pac-12 Football Commits Flip?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Title Contenders in 2022
- McLaughlin: George Kliavkoff is Not Backing Down
- McLaughlin: The Latest Conference Realignment Speculation
- McLaughlin: USC, UW Football Hot on Recruiting Trail
- McLaughlin: Lincoln Riley’s Expectations at USC in Year One
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Head Coaches Feeling Pressure
- McLaughlin: Will Pushback on UCLA’s Move Matter?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 has one option left to make a big splash
- McLaughlin: What does Breakdown of Big 12 Talks Signal?
- McLaughlin: Is Conference Realignment affecting Recruiting?
- McLaughlin: What comes Next for the Pac-12 Conference?
- McLaughlin: Reactions to Dante Moore Committing to Ducks
- McLaughlin: What is the Pac-12 Conference’s next move?
- McLaughlin: Is the Big 12 a realistic landing spot for Oregon?
- McLaughlin: Which Schools Could the Pac-12 Add?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in West
- McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?
- McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Whittingham’s Deal a Good Sign for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Which Pac-12 School has Highest NIL Potential?
McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Arizona game on its 2022 schedule - August 16, 2022
McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Washington State game on its 2022 schedule - August 15, 2022
McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for HuskiesSpencer predicts the outcome of every Washington game on its 2022 schedule - August 13, 2022