By Brad Crawford, 247Sports: College football’s pendulum shifted Thursday after Colorado announced its move to the Big 12, leaving the Pac-12 out to dry with many of its remaining member schools in realignment talks elsewhere as the conference continues to negotiate its yet-to-finalized media rights deal.
According to college football reporter Brett McMurphy, the Big 12 is “actively looking to add between one and three additional schools to join Colorado in 2024” and that league is first looking to continue its raid of the Pac-12. The Pac-12 hasn’t pressed the panic button yet and wrote in a statement Thursday that the league is embracing expansion opportunities.
Read the full story…
Eight schools are now presumably in realignment crosshairs following Colorado's stunning departure for the Big 12.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Mick Cronin: Won’t talk to his family, will ‘hate himself’ after loss to USC
- Stanford basketball star Spencer Jones makes program history
- Pressure continues to build for Stanford to fire Jerod Haase
- Andy Enfield ties Bob Boyd for 3rd place among USC’s winningest hoops coaches
- Eight notable prospects who’ve planned spring visits to Colorado
- 247Sports: Oregon WR Evan Stewart a dark-horse Heisman candidate for 2024
- Patterson: Why CFP needs modified system to evaluate contenders
- Eric Bieniemy as UCLA OC draws mixed reactions on social media
- Report: UCLA finalizing two-year deal to hire Eric Bieniemy as OC
- ‘I feel like Jekyll & Hyde’: Hurley struggling to manage ASU’s unreliability
- Caleb Love reaches 2,000 career points as Arizona gets bounceback win over UW
- Duke star Kyle Filipowski injured as Wake Forest fans storm court after upset
- Trojan DC D’Anton Lynn admits USC used portal ‘more than we wanted to’
- Pair of 5-star football players schedule visits to Eugene for this spring
- WSU to hire former Austin Peay asst Jared Kaster as new offensive line coach
- Mick Cronin: Won’t talk to his family, will ‘hate himself’ after loss to USC - February 25, 2024
- Stanford basketball star Spencer Jones makes program history - February 25, 2024
- Pressure continues to build for Stanford to fire Jerod Haase - February 25, 2024