By BYUInsider.com: One week ago, the BYU football Class of 2023 was ranked no. 84 nationally, way behind last year’s no. 56 ranking after the early signing period but on par with where it settled (no. 77) as well as the Coug’s previous five-year team rank average (76.6).
Fortunately, the Cougs received a commit Friday from 4-star Jackson Bowers and their 247Sport team ranking rose eight spots from 84 to 76. Then, on Saturday they nailed down another outstanding commit from 3-star DE/TE Saimone Davis. That resulted in jumping another six spots in the rankings from 76 to 70.
Read the full story…
An update on the BYU football recruiting class of 2023 and a list of the top prospects from that class.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’
- Cal’s quarterback quandary: Sam Jackson V or Ben Finley or both
- USC forward Vince Iwuchukwu to return first half of season after back surgery
- Former Duck Oti Gildon returning to WBB staff as dir of player development
- Utah football reveals Homecoming uniform with Sugar Bowl twist
- BYU’s Jewish QB is balancing football with High Holy Days this month
- Coach Prime says Shedeur Sanders isn’t a ‘backseat rider’ to Caleb Williams
- Colorado is ‘transcending sport’ with Deion Sanders, Big 12 commish says
- Oregon State AD sees value of potential relegation model in college football
- Thamel: Arizona St. to start QB Drew Pyne as injuries mount
- WSU, OSU anticipate fuller Pac-12 picture within next month
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football?
- Oregon’s Hayward Field will host 2024 US Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’ - September 22, 2023
- Cal’s quarterback quandary: Sam Jackson V or Ben Finley or both - September 22, 2023
- USC forward Vince Iwuchukwu to return first half of season after back surgery - September 22, 2023