By John Coon, Associated Press: BYU’s path to the Big 12 began with the unorthodox decision to leave an established conference for the uncertainty of playing as a football independent.
The Cougars had just watched state rival Utah announce in 2010 that it would leave the Mountain West for what became the Pac-12 Conference, and they had no intention sticking around.
Read the full story…
BYU’s path to the Big 12 started with an unorthodox decision. The Cougars left the Mountain West in 2011 to play as an independent in football.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams
- Stanford QB Justin Lamson calls out self, offense for lack of big plays vs UO
- Kalen DeBoer evaluates the value of Washington playing in a close game
- 247Sports’ preseason Top 25 basketball rankings for 2023-24
- Shedeur Sanders stands up for teammate after loss to USC
- O.J. Simpson calls on USC to fire defensive coordinator Alex Grinch
- Kaye: For the second straight season, Boise State has a QB controversy
- Michael Penix says Washington has a standard to uphold
- Vinnick: Pat McAfee proves he’s College GameDay’s blowhard-in-chief
- 247Sports’ college football Week 6 bowl projections
- Next up for Cal, the toughest 5-game stretch in program history
- Lincoln Riley backs Alex Grinch, says defense ‘doesn’t look like last year’
- Quality, not quantity of penalties doom ASU in Berkeley
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll - October 2, 2023
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five - October 2, 2023
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams - October 2, 2023