Yahoo Sports: Kevin Sumlin’s time at Arizona has come to an end.
Arizona announced Saturday that it has fired Sumlin after three seasons coaching the Wildcats. Over that span, Arizona has accumulated just a 9-20 overall record, including a current 12-game losing streak that began midway through the 2019 season and has carried into the 2020 season.
The most recent loss was the most embarrassing of the bunch as the Wildcats were embarrassed at home 70-7 by rival Arizona State on Friday night. The loss dropped the Wildcats to 0-5 on the year.
Sumlin, after getting fired at Texas A&M, was brought in by Arizona following the school’s decision to part ways with Rich Rodriguez. Rodriguez had a winning record in five of his six seasons leading the program, but Sumlin could never get things going in Tucson.
—More from News Feed—
- Stanford’s Jared Bynum has cryptic social media post after not playing again
- NCAA president issues letter after NIL preliminary injunction
- Colorado WR Tar’Varish Dawson reportedly dismissed from team
- All signs point to Bronny James being a Laker next year, USC outcomes aside
- College football nearing long-awaited adoption of helmet communications
- High stakes NLRB trial against USC, Pac-12 and NCAA resumes
- Johnny Manziel explains Oregon interest, reason for leaving
- 5-star CB Dijon Lee Jr. to reschedule UW visit after Bama scheduling conflict
- Cougar Collective launches matching campaign for Kyle Smith’s Cougars
- UCLA OC Eric Bieniemy shares expectations for 2024 season
- Arizona State football lands 2024 3-star DB recruit Nikko Klemm
- 247Sports: Sanders, Riley among power conf coaches with most to prove in 2024
- Mick Cronin: Won’t talk to his family, will ‘hate himself’ after loss to USC
- Stanford basketball star Spencer Jones makes program history
- Pressure continues to build for Stanford to fire Jerod Haase
- Stanford’s Jared Bynum has cryptic social media post after not playing again - February 26, 2024
- NCAA president issues letter after NIL preliminary injunction - February 26, 2024
- Colorado WR Tar’Varish Dawson reportedly dismissed from team - February 26, 2024