By Brandon Marcello, 247Sports: The College Football Playoff’s mock selection committees met last week, providing media members and athletic directors an inside look at how the real committee selects its top 25 each week, seeds teams in their rankings and slots those programs in the four-team playoff and New Year’s Six bowls.
I was part of the 13-member mock committee invited to participate in the two-day exercise at the Gaylord Texan Resort, the same site where the actually CFP committee will meet before releasing Nov. 2 their first top 25 rankings of the 2021 season.
Read the full story…
Inside the selection process of the College Football Playoff during a mock exercise at the CFP headquarters.
—More from News Feed—
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists
- Wildcats to treat Alamo Bowl as ‘championship game’ after breakout season
- Seven from Pac-12 in latest PFF First-Round 2024 NFL Mock Draft
- Texas co-OC Jeff Choate named Nevada Football head coach
- Oregon State turns to Anthony Perkins as DC for Sun Bowl
- Dan Lanning offers ‘no pushback’ on Oregon Fiesta Bowl opponent Liberty
- Transfer portal’s best available QBs after Aidan Chiles, others enter
- Spencer Danielson named Boise State football head coach
- Oregon 4-star OL commit Jac’Qawn McRoy takes official visit to Colorado
- One analyst thinks the CFP’s snub of Florida State may have killed the ACC
- UCLA QB coach Ryan Gunderson hired as Oregon State OC
- Utah receiver Devaughn Vele has declared for the NFL Draft
- Oregon among potential landing spots for Oklahoma transfer QB Dillon Gabriel
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season - December 4, 2023
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub - December 4, 2023
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists - December 4, 2023