By Matt Zemek, Trojans Wire: UCLA being good in football? That’s not the normal world in the 21st century. Jim Mora came close to winning the Pac-12 in 2012, but generally, the Bruins have struggled over the past 20 years.
Now that they’re good again, USC administrators have to be honest with themselves and the USC fan base.
Read the full story…
USC fans’ worst fear is that Clay Helton will do just well enough to stay on the job but not achieve at a high level. UCLA’s rise complicates that picture.
—More from News Feed—
- Nevada fires head football coach Ken Wilson after two seasons
- Oregon State, Washington State to face MWC teams in 2024 scheduling deal
- LSU puts up Daniels billboard in Vegas as Heisman race with Nix tightens
- Oregon Title IX lawsuit puts NIL collectives in crosshairs
- Washington State QB Cameron Ward expected to enter transfer portal
- Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford ‘stepping away’ due to health concerns
- USC AD suggests Trojans’ DC is coaching in a conference title game
- Arizona men’s basketball ready to tackle tough December after long layoff
- Wilner vision of Pac-12 for 2033: Conference has reformed with old guard
- Colorado AD Rick George excited about future under Deion Sanders
- Report: Oregon, Florida State emerge as early contenders for DJ Uiagalelei
- Oregon State RB Damien Martinez won’t play in bowl game after DUII arrest
- Oregon State’s Damien Martinez arrested on suspicion of DUII
- USC’s Bronny James cleared for full return to basketball
- Baylor hiring Cal’s Jake Spavital as new offensive coordinator
- Nevada fires head football coach Ken Wilson after two seasons - December 1, 2023
- Oregon State, Washington State to face MWC teams in 2024 scheduling deal - December 1, 2023
- LSU puts up Daniels billboard in Vegas as Heisman race with Nix tightens - December 1, 2023