By Brent Schrontenboer, USA TODAY: Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich has applied for a religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate after refusing to be vaccinated despite pleas from his mentor to change his mind for the sake of himself and others, according to that mentor, June Jones.
Jones told this to USA TODAY Sports on Thursday night as Rolovich faces an Oct. 18 deadline to get vaccinated against COVID-19 or get approved for an exemption, according to the mandate for Washington state employees.
Read the full story…
Looking for more Cougar news? Find it at our Washington State News Feed
Ex-Hawaii and NFL coach June Jones said he has advised the Washington State coach to get vaccinated, but Nick Rolovich is seeking exemption instead.
—More from News Feed—
- Former Houston OL Tyler Johnson commits to Colorado
- Austin Peay hires UCLA assistant Jeff Faris as next head coach
- Oregon QB Ty Thompson posts cryptic tweet amid Dillon Gabriel transfer
- DE Jamil Muhammad will return to USC in 2024 for ‘unfinished business’
- Fan discovers trove of Jonathan Smith’s Oregon State gear at Goodwill store
- Oregon CB Khyree Jackson opts out of Fiesta Bowl to prepare for NFL Draft
- ASU basketball’s Adam Miller eligibility after 2nd transfer denied by NCAA
- Arizona OT Jordan Morgan to skip Alamo Bowl, prepare for 2024 NFL Draft
- The upsides and downsides of the BYU transfer quarterback targets
- Deion Sanders says he plans to retire at Colorado
- Oregon lands Oklahoma QB transfer Dillon Gabriel
- Kalen DeBoer receives Home Depot National Coach of the Year Award
- UO’s Jackson Powers-Johnson wins Rimington Trophy for nation’s best center
- Washington QB Michael Penix Jr. named 2023 Maxwell Award winner
- 2024 four-star wide receiver Jordan Anderson decommits from Oregon
- Former Houston OL Tyler Johnson commits to Colorado - December 9, 2023
- Austin Peay hires UCLA assistant Jeff Faris as next head coach - December 9, 2023
- Oregon QB Ty Thompson posts cryptic tweet amid Dillon Gabriel transfer - December 9, 2023