By Ross Dellenger, Yahoo! Sports: Barring a long-term compromise, American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco will not vote for a change to the 12-team expanded playoff format, a potential deal-breaker in a decision that needs unanimity from the 11 leaders of the College Football Playoff.
“We’d like to keep the 6+6 for two years. Why wouldn’t we? We’d have two automatics for our group,” Aresco said.
Read the full story…
The CFP’s existence spans just two more years. There is no binding agreement after the 2025 football season for both a playoff format and a television contract.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Former Houston OL Tyler Johnson commits to Colorado
- Austin Peay hires UCLA assistant Jeff Faris as next head coach
- Oregon QB Ty Thompson posts cryptic tweet amid Dillon Gabriel transfer
- DE Jamil Muhammad will return to USC in 2024 for ‘unfinished business’
- Fan discovers trove of Jonathan Smith’s Oregon State gear at Goodwill store
- Oregon CB Khyree Jackson opts out of Fiesta Bowl to prepare for NFL Draft
- ASU basketball’s Adam Miller eligibility after 2nd transfer denied by NCAA
- Arizona OT Jordan Morgan to skip Alamo Bowl, prepare for 2024 NFL Draft
- The upsides and downsides of the BYU transfer quarterback targets
- Deion Sanders says he plans to retire at Colorado
- Oregon lands Oklahoma QB transfer Dillon Gabriel
- Kalen DeBoer receives Home Depot National Coach of the Year Award
- UO’s Jackson Powers-Johnson wins Rimington Trophy for nation’s best center
- Washington QB Michael Penix Jr. named 2023 Maxwell Award winner
- 2024 four-star wide receiver Jordan Anderson decommits from Oregon
- Former Houston OL Tyler Johnson commits to Colorado - December 9, 2023
- Austin Peay hires UCLA assistant Jeff Faris as next head coach - December 9, 2023
- Oregon QB Ty Thompson posts cryptic tweet amid Dillon Gabriel transfer - December 9, 2023