By Bryan Fischer, Fox Sports: Kyle Whittingham has been a part of a lot of football games over the years, and the third-longest tenured head coach in FBS has always been able to provide some thoughtful perspective on the state of things regardless of the end result for his team.
Such was the case about half an hour after the Rose Bowl ended in January, when the Utah coach walked into his news conference and rather matter-of-factly noted why a two-touchdown loss underscored the measuring stick that his program now finds itself using every year.
Read the full story…
The Utes have become kings of the Pac-12, but have struggled to turn incremental gains into big-time success.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- SDSU’s Passing Tournaments can lead to a scholarship, just ask Rahim Wright
- SoCal DB Travis Anderson talks Boise State offer, Fresno State interest
- Pac-12 TV deal talks: An important step comes today in WSU Regents meeting
- Stanford football set for another big weekend of official visits
- Braden Huff, the next Gonzaga redshirt ready to make a jump
- UCLA football will rely on multiple newcomers to drive offense in 2023
- Canzano: Give Pat Kilkenny best seat in house with Ducks two wins from CWS
- Big 12 officials reportedly visit Memphis as expansion talks heat up…again
- Big Ten COO talks fitting UCLA and USC into Big Ten scheduling
- Weber: Big Ten gets it completely right with its first move for USC
- Stanford receives crystal prediction for four-star Mater Dei QB Elijah Brown
- Big Ten built flexibility into new scheduling model
- 247Sports Q&A with Deion Sanders: Re-landing Travis Hunter, Pat Narduzzi
- NCAA tweaks rules on block/charge calls in men’s basketball
- In 3 seasons, UW has brought in nearly a full lineup through portal