By Matt Connolly, On3 Sports: USC has put together two solid seasons under Lincoln Riley, compared to where the Trojans program was when he took over. However, after going 11-3 in 2022, USC finished the regular season with a disappointing record of 7-5 this season.
There were high expectations for USC ahead of this year as Riley’s team was being talked about as a potential College Football Playoff team. Riley recently sat down with The Athletic recently and shared that he doesn’t believe the team handled the expectations well.
Read the full story…
USC coach Lincoln Riley shared that he believes high expectations in the preseason hurt the Trojans during the 2023 season.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Stanford’s Jared Bynum has cryptic social media post after not playing again
- NCAA president issues letter after NIL preliminary injunction
- Colorado WR Tar’Varish Dawson reportedly dismissed from team
- All signs point to Bronny James being a Laker next year, USC outcomes aside
- College football nearing long-awaited adoption of helmet communications
- High stakes NLRB trial against USC, Pac-12 and NCAA resumes
- Johnny Manziel explains Oregon interest, reason for leaving
- 5-star CB Dijon Lee Jr. to reschedule UW visit after Bama scheduling conflict
- Cougar Collective launches matching campaign for Kyle Smith’s Cougars
- UCLA OC Eric Bieniemy shares expectations for 2024 season
- Arizona State football lands 2024 3-star DB recruit Nikko Klemm
- 247Sports: Sanders, Riley among power conf coaches with most to prove in 2024
- Mick Cronin: Won’t talk to his family, will ‘hate himself’ after loss to USC
- Stanford basketball star Spencer Jones makes program history
- Pressure continues to build for Stanford to fire Jerod Haase
- Stanford’s Jared Bynum has cryptic social media post after not playing again - February 26, 2024
- NCAA president issues letter after NIL preliminary injunction - February 26, 2024
- Colorado WR Tar’Varish Dawson reportedly dismissed from team - February 26, 2024