By Brandon Marcello, 247Sports: Michael Penix Jr. couldn’t miss if he tried Monday night at the Sugar Bowl. After his left arm surgically dismantled Texas’ defense and lifted Washington into the national championship, the Heisman Trophy runner-up grabbed a memento before exiting the Superdome shortly after 1 a.m. Tuesday: a placard emblazoned with his name.
If you didn’t take Penix seriously this season, that’s a shame. If you didn’t view the Huskies as a national title contender, you should today.
Read the full story…
Washington provided the Pac-12 a rare feather in the cap with its win against Texas in the College Football Playoff, but what does it matter for a conference facing extinction? The world is changing and the Huskies have found a way to navigate the new college football landscape with big-armed quarterback Michael Penix.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges
- G5 coaches speak out on programs becoming ‘farm system’ for Power Four teams
- CU football’s Carter Stoutmire changing positions ahead of sophomore season
- Why trend of CFB coaches bolting to NFL, lesser jobs has no end in sight
- Johnny Manziel says father secretly tried to negotiate for $3M from Texas A&M
- Players opting to appear in new EA Sports CFB video game will receive $600
- 247Sports: Pac-12 hoops tournament projected seeds, schedule, tiebreakers
- CFP officials discuss expanding to 14-team playoff in 2026
- 247Sports: 2 from SuperWest among CFB’s recruits who could play right away
- Deion Sanders drives 51% jump in Colorado multimedia revenue in 2023
- CBS Sports: Early CFP predictions under 5+7 model in 12-team format for 2024
- Kirk Schulz says ‘not a lot of support’ for Pac-12 in 2026 CFP contract
- Injured Husky center Franck Kepnang officially out for rest of season
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision - February 22, 2024
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers - February 22, 2024
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges - February 22, 2024