BuffZone: While the Pac-12 Conference has yet to announce it will play football games this fall, momentum seems to be heading in that direction.
How prepared the teams will be remains a question, however.
On Wednesday, the Big Ten announced it is returning to competition next month, reversing course from its Aug. 11 announcement to postpone the fall season.
Quickly after the Big Ten’s announcement, however, the Pac-12 moved closer to a return, as well. Officials in California and Oregon are on track to allow those teams to practice, and with frequent, rapid-results testing coming to the conference soon, an early return is not only possible but probable at this point.
While the Pac-12 Conference has yet to announce it will play football games this fall, momentum seems to be heading in that direction.
—More from News Feed—
- Canzano mailbag: Streamers, ACC-Pac-12 partnership, and Big Ten
- Garrison: The best result for SDSU in conference realignment — more Ph.Ds
- ESPN debuts ad starring WSU’s Ol’ Crimson and ‘The Godfather’ Tom Pounds
- How Utah players are coping with their ‘best friend’s’ season-ending injury
- BYU Cougar mascot goes viral for amazing strength display
- UCLA QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson quiets critics in upset of Washington
- Former Aztec TE Gavin Escobar killed in rock climbing accident
- Jordan Addison would run track at USC if not playing football
- ASU President: New coach, Sun Devils to ‘take full advantage’ of CFB changes
- Colorado president Todd Saliman: ‘We have work to do’ with football program
- Ohio State AD Gene Smith on importance of Big Ten adding USC and UCLA
- No UW football coach has won his first 5 games; DeBoer has a chance
- WSU point guard Myles Rice diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- USC hosts star-studded lineup of 2023 prospects for Arizona State game
- Oregon entering matchup against Stanford with revenge on their minds
- Three positive and negative takeaways from BYU’s win over Utah State
- Former Utah standout Devin Lloyd named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month
- Utah ’24 commit Kobe Boykin planning several October visits
- Sporting News: New college football coaches September report cards
- USC hoops 5-star freshman Vince Iwuchukwu had cardiac arrest in July
- ASU football unveils uniform combination against No. 6 USC
- Lincoln Riley says USC not leaning on Eric Gentry for Arizona State insight
- Wilner: Bad calls, public statements and WSU’s incredibly bad luck
- Tyrone Williams, nation’s leading JUCO scorer, joins Oregon men’s basketball
- Lincoln Riley addresses Caleb Williams’ media silence
- Expanded CFB Playoff to look dramatically different than current system
- Air Force gets two years probation for recruiting violations during COVID-19
- USC canceled Caleb Williams media availability on Wednesday
- Momentum building toward expediting CFP expansion before 2026
- Last season MWC champs BSU hoops open practice with high expectations again
- Canzano mailbag: Streamers, ACC-Pac-12 partnership, and Big Ten - October 1, 2022
- Garrison: The best result for SDSU in conference realignment — more Ph.Ds - October 1, 2022
- ESPN debuts ad starring WSU’s Ol’ Crimson and ‘The Godfather’ Tom Pounds - October 1, 2022