By Alex Didion, KTVB7: Russell Wilson responded strongly to a report from The Athletic on Friday morning that claimed the former Seahawks quarterback pushed the organization to fire its top decision-makers before he was traded last March.
“I love Pete (Carroll) and he was a father figure to me and John (Schneider) believed in me and drafted me as well,” Wilson wrote in a tweet following the report. “I never wanted them fired. All any of us wanted was to win. l’ll always have respect for them and love for Seattle.”
Read the full story…
The Athletic reported Friday morning that Wilson asked the Seahawks to fire Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider before he was traded.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Did San Diego State just change the game for the Pac-12 Conference?
- NCAA announces new waiver guidelines for multi-time transfers
- Arizona collective gifts Bose headphones to football team in NIL partnership
- Canzano mailbag: Pac-12, Larry Scott, Trail Blazers, Bill Walton, and more
- USC, Utah among 5 Teams with best chance to make CFP for first time in 2023
- Gonzaga used Villanova’s same 2016 title-winning play to beat UCLA
- Utah St. WR Josh Davis upgraded to fair condition after cardiac arrest
- As Pac-12 searches for media deal, one wonders what plans have been floated
- Beckwith: Pac-12 shouldn’t commit to tech companies but may not have choice
- Wetzel: Why the remaining Pac-12 schools should stick together
- Wilner: Does SMU create value for Pac-12? ‘Probably helps,’ one analyst says
- Reports: FOX no longer involved in Pac-12 media rights negotiations
- Zemek: Pac-12 basketball’s future is tied almost exclusively to Arizona
- UC investigating Cal AD Jim Knowlton, Associate AD Jennifer Simon-O’Neill
- Four from SuperWest among CFB’s top running backs on the rise for 2023
- Did San Diego State just change the game for the Pac-12 Conference? - March 25, 2023
- NCAA announces new waiver guidelines for multi-time transfers - March 25, 2023
- Arizona collective gifts Bose headphones to football team in NIL partnership - March 25, 2023