Arizona Sports: Before college football was so rudely interrupted, Arizona State was in the fast lane.
Its program was gaining real momentum and elevation. The Sun Devils were recruiting at an elite level. Capitalizing on a profound down cycle at USC. Flourishing under Herm Edwards, a paternal figure perfectly suited for a new era of college football, a man who is more servant-leader than ruthless exploiter of young talent.
Dan Bickley writes that the return of Pac-12 football still has Arizona State playing from behind for bigger opportunities this season.
—More from News Feed—
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football?
- Oregon’s Hayward Field will host 2024 US Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Jonathan Smith, Mike Elko attractive Michigan State head coaching candidates
- For BYU’s Darius Lassiter, Big 12 opener at Kansas is incredibly personal
- Wilner picks of the week: Colorado faces its toughest challenge, by far
- Utah football fully embracing ‘next man up’ mentality
- Former Boise State players guiding Idaho HS athletes through coaching
- WSU defensive tackle Rashad McKenzie out for the season, says Jake Dickert
- USC linebackers preparing to ‘get that juice back’ against Arizona State
- Brian Fish returns to assistant coach position for Oregon men’s basketball
- Oregon vs Colorado football game tickets reach ridiculously high prices
- Oregon football recruiting visitor list vs. Colorado
- Promotion/relegation in CFB? Game-changing idea could help save Pac-12
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State - September 21, 2023
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’ - September 21, 2023
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football? - September 21, 2023