By Dean Straka, CBS Sports: The transfer portal has become a pillar of college football roster management since its inception in 2018. Each year, thousands of players test the transfer waters hoping to potentially upgrade their situation.
Colorado coach Deion Sanders blew every precedent out of the water in 2023 when he orchestrated a roster overhaul of 51 transfers, and while the Buffaloes haven’t gone that heavy ahead of their return to the Big 12 in 2024, Sanders’ portal approach is still on the aggressive side. At 23 transfer additions and counting, Colorado edges fellow Big 12 newcomer Arizona State (22) for the largest incoming transfer class in the conference ahead of the 2024 season.
Read the full story…
There are plenty of transfers to watch this year as the Big 12 debuts a 16-team conference membership
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction
- Arizona among eight teams with national championship formula, per KenPom
- ESPN puts Stanford hoops’ head coach Jerod Haase on the hot seat
- Cal’s Justin Wilcox: NIL is the No. 1 factor in a football program’s success
- UCLA men’s basketball game a ‘blue out’ versus USC
- Miller Moss-Jayden Maiava spring ball QB battle contains layers at USC
- Report: UO to hire Darren Uscher back from UCLA in personnel, recruiting role
- ASU basketball searching for answers after near-comeback against Washington
- DL Bishop Thomas not expected to be with Buffs football in 2024
- USC 5-star QB commit Julian Lewis plans second recruiting visit to Colorado
- NCAA Committee on Infractions exploring change to penalize ADs, presidents
- Major change coming to college football recruiting calendar
- Who should grace the cover of EA Sports College Football 25?
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41 - February 23, 2024
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama - February 23, 2024
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction - February 23, 2024