By Heather Dinich, ESPN: Ole Miss defensive tackle DeSanto Rollins, who said he was recently kicked off the team for missing practices and meetings during a “mental health crisis,” is suing the university and coach Lane Kiffin for failure to provide equal protection, racial and sexual discrimination, and multiple other allegations, according to the lawsuit filed Thursday.
Rollins, a backup lineman whose career has been marred by injuries, is seeking $10 million in compensatory damages and $30 million in punitive damages.
Read the full story…
DeSanto Rollins, who said he was recently kicked off the Ole Miss football team for missing practices and meetings during a "mental health crisis," is suing the university and coach Lane Kiffin.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Stanford wide receiver John Humphreys to walk away from football
- Enfield: Bronny James to debut for USC men’s basketball Sunday
- Former Duck WR Josh Delgado arrested for DUII, reckless driving, hit and run
- Why Bronco Mendenhall picked New Mexico to get back into coaching
- Deion Sanders targeting multiple quarterbacks in transfer portal
- Jayden Daniels’ Heisman chase ends at LSU, but it began in Tempe at ASU
- Report: Former 5-star DL Walter Nolen to visit Oregon this weekend
- 247Sports: What we’ve learned so far about each Pac-12 basketball team
- The Pac-12 just had its best year yet but it was two years too late
- Oregon director of speed and performance headed to Mississippi State
- How would an employee model impact the state of college athletics?
- Kalen DeBoer on whether UW carries any confidence over from 2022 Alamo Bowl
- New Trojan DC D’Anton Lynn shares vision for USC defense moving forward
- Who will broadcast departing Pac-12 schools’ football spring games?
- Social media reacts to Colorado landing top-ranked 2024 OT Jordan Seaton
- Stanford wide receiver John Humphreys to walk away from football - December 8, 2023
- Enfield: Bronny James to debut for USC men’s basketball Sunday - December 8, 2023
- Former Duck WR Josh Delgado arrested for DUII, reckless driving, hit and run - December 8, 2023