By Andrew Graham, On3 Sports: Lincoln Riley hired a cross-town rival in UCLA defensive coordinator D’Anton Lynn in his quest to fix the ailing USC defense. And speaking with reporters shortly after getting hired, Lynn shared some of his perspective on how to form a winning unit on that side of the ball.
The long and short of Lynn’s vision: The players he has will dictate his scheme more than the other way around.
Read the full story…
Lynn isn't coming to run any one type of defense or "his," but instead plans to tailor what his unit does to the players they have each year.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction
- Arizona among eight teams with national championship formula, per KenPom
- ESPN puts Stanford hoops’ head coach Jerod Haase on the hot seat
- Cal’s Justin Wilcox: NIL is the No. 1 factor in a football program’s success
- UCLA men’s basketball game a ‘blue out’ versus USC
- Miller Moss-Jayden Maiava spring ball QB battle contains layers at USC
- Report: UO to hire Darren Uscher back from UCLA in personnel, recruiting role
- ASU basketball searching for answers after near-comeback against Washington
- DL Bishop Thomas not expected to be with Buffs football in 2024
- USC 5-star QB commit Julian Lewis plans second recruiting visit to Colorado
- NCAA Committee on Infractions exploring change to penalize ADs, presidents
- Major change coming to college football recruiting calendar
- Who should grace the cover of EA Sports College Football 25?
- Clyde Surrell, former Colorado safety, dies at 41 - February 23, 2024
- Washington football schedules official visit with 4-star safety from Alabama - February 23, 2024
- NCAA can’t enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction - February 23, 2024