Yahoo Sports: Joe Moorhead. John Hendrick. Matt Luke.
Last season, those were the three football coaches at Mississippi State, Jackson State and Ole Miss, respectively.
You had to be one very devoted college football fan to know their names, and not just because they went a combined 14-23 last year before each was relieved of his duties. Good men, sure, but these were mostly anonymous guys, career assistants who were little threat to win games, let alone generate headlines.
Well, it’s an entirely different state of Mississippi these days.
One state now features the Pirate, Coach Prime and the Lane Train. Welcome to Mississippi, the most interesting state in college football.
—More from News Feed—
- Pac-12’s bevy of star transfer QBs lead league into season-changing Week 4
- WR Eric McAlister found people who care about him, now he’s thriving at BSU
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’
- Cal’s quarterback quandary: Sam Jackson V or Ben Finley or both
- USC forward Vince Iwuchukwu to return first half of season after back surgery
- Former Duck Oti Gildon returning to WBB staff as dir of player development
- Utah football reveals Homecoming uniform with Sugar Bowl twist
- BYU’s Jewish QB is balancing football with High Holy Days this month
- Coach Prime says Shedeur Sanders isn’t a ‘backseat rider’ to Caleb Williams
- Colorado is ‘transcending sport’ with Deion Sanders, Big 12 commish says
- Oregon State AD sees value of potential relegation model in college football
- Thamel: Arizona St. to start QB Drew Pyne as injuries mount
- WSU, OSU anticipate fuller Pac-12 picture within next month
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Pac-12’s bevy of star transfer QBs lead league into season-changing Week 4 - September 22, 2023
- WR Eric McAlister found people who care about him, now he’s thriving at BSU - September 22, 2023
- Report: Texas, OU lesser buyout leaves Big 12 member schools ‘dumbfounded’ - September 22, 2023