Posted on July 29, 2022
The talk of conference realignment surrounding Pac-12 schools seems never-ending and is capable of changing very quickly.
The latest speculative report comes from CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd, who wrote an article saying that the Big 10 is EVALUATING, not actively targeting, 4 Pac-12 schools to add to the Big 10 in the future in addition to USC and UCLA.
What would those four schools—Stanford, Cal, Oregon, and Washington—bring to the table as a “west coast expansion” pod to the Big Ten?
In today’s episode of Locked On Pac-12, I discuss what this future move could look like and why if offers did actually come down from the Big 10, each school would immediately accept.
The financial considerations for the Big Ten could lead to them offering less money to each Pac-12 school than they would pay out in their new media rights deal to their current member institutions, but that would be unlikely to stop those schools from accepting a potential offer to join the Big Ten.
I also answer a question from a Colorado fan regarding the coaching stability (or lack thereof?) of the Buffaloes’ HC Karl Dorrell.
A strong 2020 (half) season made their 4-8 record more disappointing in 2021, and now they’ve revamped their assistant coaching staff.
He may not be facing the sort of pressure some might expect unless the 2022 season is a complete and utter disaster.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?
- McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022
- McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022
- McLaughlin: Winning Season a Challenging Goal for Huskies
- McLaughlin: Will Buffs be Worst Pac-12 Team in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Why Utah Football will be Over 8.5 wins in 2022
- McLaughlin: Can UCLA football reach 10 wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Predicting every game on USC’s 2022 Schedule
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Teams with the Biggest QB Questions
- McLaughlin: The Complications of Pac-12 Realignment
- McLaughlin: Will Major Pac-12 Football Commits Flip?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Title Contenders in 2022
- McLaughlin: George Kliavkoff is Not Backing Down
- McLaughlin: USC, UW Football Hot on Recruiting Trail
- McLaughlin: Lincoln Riley’s Expectations at USC in Year One
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Head Coaches Feeling Pressure
- McLaughlin: Will Pushback on UCLA’s Move Matter?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 has one option left to make a big splash
- McLaughlin: What does Breakdown of Big 12 Talks Signal?
- McLaughlin: Is Conference Realignment affecting Recruiting?
- McLaughlin: What comes Next for the Pac-12 Conference?
- McLaughlin: Reactions to Dante Moore Committing to Ducks
- McLaughlin: What is the Pac-12 Conference’s next move?
- McLaughlin: Is the Big 12 a realistic landing spot for Oregon?
- McLaughlin: Which Schools Could the Pac-12 Add?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in West
- McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?
- McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Whittingham’s Deal a Good Sign for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Which Pac-12 School has Highest NIL Potential?
McLaughlin: Can ASU Match its 2021 Win Total?Spencer predicts the outcome of every Arizona State game on its 2022 schedule - August 17, 2022
McLaughlin: Wildcats will Increase Win Total in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Arizona game on its 2022 schedule - August 16, 2022
McLaughlin: WSU Should be Over .500 Again in 2022Spencer predicts the outcome of every Washington State game on its 2022 schedule - August 15, 2022