Our rankings of players from current Pac-12 schools by position based on success in the NFL rolls on with a group filled with Hall of Famers as well as current and recent stars—linebackers.
Posted on June 10, 2022
Linebacker is one of the better groups of Pac-12 alums and loaded with names most football fans will know and a good group of players for various conference schools.
Let’s get started with one of the best players to ever play the position…
1. Junior Seau, USCThe late great Seau is one of the undisputed greatest linebackers of all time and one of the greatest Pac-12 alums at any position in NFL history.
2. Terrell Suggs, Arizona StateThe Sun Devil great was one of the best defenders in the league for a lot of his super long career. He was a leader of two Super Bowl teams and a Defensive MVP in 2011.
3. Dave Wilcox, OregonThe former Duck is a Hall of Famer for his stellar play with the 49ers in the 60s and 70s. He made several All-Pro Teams and Pro Bowls and was one of the best linebackers of his time.
4. Les Richter, CalRichter starred for the Rams in the 50s and 60s, making seven All-Pro Teams and eight Pro Bowls. An extremely tough player, he also played multiple positions at different times.
5. Clay Matthews III, USCMatthews recently wrapped up a fantastic career mostly with the Packers. He won a Super Bowl and took home several All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors while consistently being one of the best linebackers in the league.
6. Lance Briggs, ArizonaBriggs was one of the best linebackers in the league year after year with the Bears and one of the greatest Bears of all-time. He finished with more than 1,100 tackles and made seven Pro Bowls.
7. Ken Norton Jr., UCLAThe Cowboy and 49er great won three Super Bowls and took home some All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors in his career. He finished his career with more than 1,200 tackles.
8. Chad Brown, ColoradoBrown was a star for the Steelers and the Seahawks in the 90s, earning Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors. He finished his career with more than 1,000 tackles and nearly 80 sacks.
9. Ken Harvey, CalThe former Bear was a star in the league in the 90s, taking in several All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors. He finished his career with more than 80 tackles and 80 sacks.
10. Rod Martin, USCOne of the best Raider linebackers of all time, Martin made several Pro Bowls and won two Super Bowls. He had more than 30 sacks in his career.
11. Chip Banks, USC
12. Lofa Tatupu, USC
13. Tedy Bruschi, Arizona
14. Eric Kendricks, UCLA
15. Willie McGinest, USC
—More from Jack Follman—
- Jack Follman’s Best Football Transfer for Each Pac-12 Team
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Football Trap Games
- Jack Follman’s 2022-23 Pac-12 All-NFL Team
- Jack Follman’s Updated Two-Round 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s Top 2023 Pac-12 Football Impact Freshman
- Jack Follman’s Top 12 Incoming Pac-12 Football Transfers
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early 2023 Pac-12 Bowl Projections
- Jack Follman’s Best 2023 Pac-12 Conference Football Games
- Jack Follman’s Best 2023 Pac-12 Nonconference Games
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early 2023 College Football Top 25
- Jack Follman’s Way-Too-Early All-Pac-12 Teams for 2023
- Jack Follman’s Christmas 2023 Pac-12 NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest Pac-12 All-Freshman Teams
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest All-Pac-12 Football Teams
- Jack Follman’s 2022 SuperWest Pac-12 Annual Awards
Latest posts by Jack Follman (see all)
Jack Follman’s Best Football Transfer for Each Pac-12 TeamEach Pac-12 team has at least one key transfer coming in for 2023, and many have a few - March 28, 2023
Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Football Trap GamesMarquee showdowns get the most attention but trap games frequently decide the season - March 27, 2023
Jack Follman’s 2022-23 Pac-12 All-NFL TeamThere’s been a slight changing of the guard as some veterans age out and new stars emerge - February 17, 2023