Posted on June 15, 2023
Some quarterbacks, for example—including one current and one former Cougar.
We also start to crack into the elite running backs in the Conference and safeties, both of which are strong groups.
Let’s jump into numbers 21-30…
30. Mason Cobb, Senior, Linebacker, USCThe Oklahoma State transfer was strong as a Cowboy and looks to bolster the USC defense. He could get over 100 tackles in L.A.
29. Benjamin Yurosek, Senior, Tight End, StanfordI was surprised Yurosek didn’t land at another school with a nice NIL deal after David Shaw left. He’s staying at Stanford where he’ll be a major weapon at tight end for Troy Taylor.
28. Brennan Jackson, Senior, Defensive End, Washington StateJackson has had nearly 100 tackles and brought in 11 sacks the past two seasons. One of the toughest and most-balanced edge defenders you’ll find in college football.
27. Jayden de Laura, Junior, Quarterback, ArizonaThere’s no denying JDL is a playmaker at QB in the Pac-12. He’s thrown for nearly 50 touchdowns over the past two seasons and is a threat with his legs.
26. Cam Ward, Junior, Quarterback, Washington StateWard was really good in his first season of FBS football and he should be even better as a junior. He scored nearly 30 touchdowns and led the Cougars to a bowl game.
25. Junior Tafuna, Junior, Defensive Tackle, UtahOne of the stoutest defenders you’ll find in the conference. Tafuna is a power against the run and can get after the passer a bit, with 5.5 sacks in his career.
24. Cole Bishop, Junior, Safety, UtahA big-time player in the back of Utah’s defense who has been great now in the Pac-12 for two seasons. Bishop already has more than 130 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and an interception.
23. Calen Bullock, Junior, Safety, USCBullock exploded as one of the best safeties in the nation in 2022. Nearly 50 tackles and five interceptions last year. I might be underrating him due to USC’s defensive struggles down the stretch.
22. Jonah Monheim, Junior, Tackle, USCMonheim emerged as the next really good offensive lineman for the Trojans in 2022. He still has room to grow and could be an All-American/first round pick type player.
21. Jaydn Ott, Sophomore, Running Back, CalOtt is a coin to be the best running back in the Pac-12 and was one of the best freshmen in the nation last year.
He had nearly 900 yards rushing, eight touchdowns, and was incredible catching the ball out of the backfield with more than 40 receptions, 300 yards, and three TDs.
—More from Jack Follman—
- Jack Follman’s 10 Thoughts on 2023 Week 1 in the Pac-12
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Season Predictions: Weeks 9-13
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Season Predictions: Weeks 5-8
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Season Predictions: Weeks 1-4
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Top 50 Pac-12 Players (5-1)
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Pac-12 DB Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Top Pac-12 Defensive Backs
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Top 50 Pac-12 Players (10-6)
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Pac-12 LB Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Top Pac-12 Linebackers
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Top 50 Pac-12 Players (20-11)
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Pac-12 DL Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Top Pac-12 D-Linemen
- Jack Follman’s 2023 Preseason Pac-12 OL Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Top Pac-12 Offensive Lineman for 2023
Jack Follman’s 10 Thoughts on 2023 Week 1 in the Pac-12The Conference was at its best with every member team winning—most of them handily - September 5, 2023
Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Season Predictions: Weeks 9-13Scores for every game with commentary on top contests, plus projected standings and title game - August 17, 2023
Jack Follman’s 2023 Pac-12 Season Predictions: Weeks 5-8Early picks with scores for every game and commentary for top contests & projected standings - August 16, 2023