Sports Illustrated: In two weeks, the small college town of Oxford, Miss., will do what it does best. It will host a party.
This isn’t just any old soiree—it’s the largest social affair in the state in six months. More than 15,000 people are expected to attend, all gathering on the Ole Miss campus at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, presumably in masks and socially distanced. The Rebels football team will provide the entertainment, colliding with the Florida Gators to kick off the SEC’s 2020 season with a nationally televised 11 a.m. start on Sept. 26.
In data collected from Sept. 1-8, Big 12 college towns have a combined average of 35.8 new cases a day to the SEC’s 35.6, dwarfing all other leagues.
—More from News Feed—
- Bartle: Micah Bernard will withdraw his name from portal and return to Utah
- Cal, Oregon, OSU, Stanford, and UW make Top 5 for Nation’s No. 7 QB
- NCAA generates $1.1 billion in revenue as COVID rebound continues
- Canzano: Dogfight forming in Pac-12 men’s hoops standings, reprieve from FS1
- Reed: Justin Herbert’s new contract with Chargers could surpass $500M
- SuperWest 5-star college hoops freshmen receive mixed grades from 247Sports
- Oregon offers scholarship to legacy quarterback recruit Akili Smith Jr.
- CBS Sports Bracketology: Arizona earns a 1-seed as Kansas falls off top line
- Mario Cristobal, Miami football parts ways with OC Josh Gattis
- 18 SuperWest players make @PFF’s 101 best college football players of 2022
- Mike Zimmer joins Deion Sanders’ Colorado coaching staff in unknown role
- The Husky collective 1861 Foundation takes a different approach to NIL
- Jake Dickert talks about WSU contract extension: ‘This is home to us’
- Stanford ‘a team to watch’ to land former five-star UW transfer QB Sam Huard
- Report: Nation’s No. 1 football recruit to visit USC this weekend
- Dana Altman explains reason for star freshman Kel’el Ware’s reduced role
- Judd: Could BYU QB Jaren Hall be the next Brock Purdy?
- Pac-12’s Merton Hanks confident in Deion Sanders’ impact on Buffs, conference
- Athlon: Every Pac-12 team’s most important 2023 transfer portal additions
- Utah, Oregon St recruits among notable risers in final 2023 Top247 rankings
- 247Sports: Sean Miller a contender for midseason National Coach of the Year
- Boise State’s Billy Bowens played through significant hand injury in 2022
- Coach Prime tops CBS Sports 5 key storylines to watch on National Signing Day
- The top transfer portal addition for each of USC’s 2023 opponents
- With new stadium and surging program, San Diego State an easy case for Pac-12
- Oregon lands commitment from former 4-star Ole Miss safety Tysheem Johnson
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley taking different approach than in past after tough losses
- Canzano: Emptying my notebook on Bronny James, broadcasting and QBs
- Drew: Did BYU football get better or worse via the transfer portal?
- Blue-chippers flocking to first big junior day of Coach Prime era at Colorado
- Bartle: Micah Bernard will withdraw his name from portal and return to Utah - January 27, 2023
- Cal, Oregon, OSU, Stanford, and UW make Top 5 for Nation’s No. 7 QB - January 27, 2023
- NCAA generates $1.1 billion in revenue as COVID rebound continues - January 27, 2023