Isabelle Lee, Markets Insider: The iconic California Memorial Stadium is getting a new name beginning in September: FTX Field.
FTX.US, an affiliate of Sam Bankman-Fried’s FTX, is paying $17.5 million for the naming rights to the California university stadium in what is considered to be the first-ever collegiate cryptocurrency naming rights sponsorship.
Read the full story…
This 10-year partnership, to be paid entirely in cryptocurrency, is the latest in a string of sports partnerships FTX has inked this year.
—More from News Feed—
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists
- Wildcats to treat Alamo Bowl as ‘championship game’ after breakout season
- Seven from Pac-12 in latest PFF First-Round 2024 NFL Mock Draft
- Texas co-OC Jeff Choate named Nevada Football head coach
- Oregon State turns to Anthony Perkins as DC for Sun Bowl
- Dan Lanning offers ‘no pushback’ on Oregon Fiesta Bowl opponent Liberty
- Transfer portal’s best available QBs after Aidan Chiles, others enter
- Spencer Danielson named Boise State football head coach
- Oregon 4-star OL commit Jac’Qawn McRoy takes official visit to Colorado
- One analyst thinks the CFP’s snub of Florida State may have killed the ACC
- UCLA QB coach Ryan Gunderson hired as Oregon State OC
- Utah receiver Devaughn Vele has declared for the NFL Draft
- Oregon among potential landing spots for Oklahoma transfer QB Dillon Gabriel
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season - December 4, 2023
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub - December 4, 2023
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists - December 4, 2023