UteZone: The Chicago Bears finally have their new starting defensive back opposite of Kyle Fuller.
For the first time since the 1990 season, the franchise will start a rookie at cornerback in Week 1 as former Utah standout Jaylon Johnson has earned the starting nod against the Detroit Lions on Sunday. After the Bears released an unofficial depth chart on Monday, the rookie confirmed he was starting on Tuesday after being asked to confirm in his press conference with the media.
The Chicago Bears will start a rookie defensive back for the first time since the 1990 season as Jaylon Johnson gets the nod.
—More from News Feed—
- Oregon State president says athletics revenue could fall 44 percent by 2025
- Jackson & Libit: UNLV’s Thomas & Mack Center clings to Vegas venue relevance
- NCAA denies edge Zach Durfee bid to play for UW right away, appeal filed
- QB Dante Moore reflects on pivotal game-starting interception in Utah loss
- USC kicker Denis Lynch awarded a scholarship via head coach Lincoln Riley
- Deion Sanders gives medical update on Shilo Sanders ahead of USC game
- CU, USC showdown pits Sanders’ 2023 transfers against Riley’s portal stars
- Wilner: What to make of Colorado? Don’t overthink the Buffs, just enjoy them
- Canzano: Pac-12 football winning on the field and on nation’s televisions
- Linebacker Harrison Taggart could move into key role in BYU’s defense
- Dan Lanning fires back at Skip Bayless over pregame speech criticism
- Oregon exposes Shilo Sanders and Colorado trash talk in viral video
- QB Trenton Bourget expected back, Drew Pyne ‘banged up still’ for ASU
- Kenny Dillingham candid with self-criticism, dialing back emotion
- Jedd Fisch ‘would have no concern’ if QB Noah Fifita has to start vs. Huskies
- Oregon State president says athletics revenue could fall 44 percent by 2025 - September 26, 2023
- Jackson & Libit: UNLV’s Thomas & Mack Center clings to Vegas venue relevance - September 26, 2023
- NCAA denies edge Zach Durfee bid to play for UW right away, appeal filed - September 26, 2023